Stupid missing sync!! or stupid me!!!

nyr900

Reaction score
Cannot get missing sync to sync with my macbook. Whenever i try to sync it says no bluetooth or wifi or usb connected, then if i change the settings on the incredible to "mass storage" it tells me to unmount... wtf... all i want to do is sync my ical... very frustrated.... maybe this is one this iphones do well, they make things flow together pretty seamlessly... or maybe thats because i was just using all mac products... ahhh i dunno but i wanna smash something

DroidFan22

Reaction score
hey Contacts and Calendar sync wirelessly only... I would try without USB cable plugged in, then try to sync over WiFi. Just launch the setup assistant, on the Mac (in Missing Sync) and follow the steps to pair. Once you are paired, then you should be able to initiate the sync for iCal syncing.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The USB sync has been broke for quite a while. At least I haven't been able to make it work with the last two updates.

WiFi sync works fine, but you 'can not' have the USB connected when you do the sync. Don't plug it in to the computer or leave it in Charge Only while you sync. If you try to sync with USB you may have to power the phone off and on to get it to reset. The phone and computer need to be on the same WiFi network and you have to go through the set up the first time.

Also, I haven't had iCal sync properly since I switched to the new MobileMe caldav based calendars. Works great on the iPad though. sigh

My work around was to copy the caldav address for the calendar, go to google calendars and subscribe to it. As a bonus you get a wider choice of calendar apps on the phone.

I'd give it up, but it works so well except for those two things.

Alex Taylor

Reaction score
Did you try SyncMate? It allows syncing contacts and calendar between Mac and Android for free.
Moreover, you can sync even more with SyncMate 3 Beta which is absolutely free now.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
Can somebody walk me through this, i cannot get it to sync with my macbook eventhough it does recognize it, keep getting message on incredible that says "unable to connect to desktop via bluetooth"...

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
nevermind, didnt realize i had to get the software for my actual macbook, gunna try sync mate

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Most of the OSX sync solutions require a computer side client. The stock iSync program on the Mac might work for limited syncing of contacts and calendars. Depends on whether your phone is supported. You could check it out.