Stuck on Motorola screen

joshuacalebsimon

Reaction score
I am a droid x owner running 2.2.1 and am very new to all of this....I used the z4 root and tried to dig a little too deep and i am stuck on the M screen and i mean stuck. Please any help would be greatly appreciated and i will never get myself in this spot again.....Pleeeease help

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Try booting into stock recovery and doing a factory reset before you .sbf

a little more info on what you were trying to do before you fudged up your phone could go a long way

OP
J

joshuacalebsimon

Reaction score
Thank u

I did a factory reset......I have been reading now for three days and will keep reading. Once again thank u for your help.

huskur

Reaction score
What do you mean "i went a little to deep?" Before i root my X with z4 i would like to know so i don't take the same path.

OP
J

joshuacalebsimon

Reaction score
I mean that I rooted so I could get wifi tether and overclock. I started downloading things without reading what the consequences were. Every good thing you can use has documentation and I have learned my lesson. Read read read and read some more. If you need something they have plenty of qualified people in these forums to help you and I am not yet one of them. Find master droid owners and ask questions. There are no stupid questions when it comes to expensive electronics. Not trying to scare you, just read EVERYTHING before you download. Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

joshuacalebsimon

Reaction score
Oh and I have found the easiest way to root is z4. It is very simple just don't dig to deep until you read. All depends on why you want to root your phone in the first place.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh and I have found the easiest way to root is z4. It is very simple just don't dig to deep until you read. All depends on why you want to root your phone in the first place.

Reading in here is your best friend : Glad you got it.

OP
J

joshuacalebsimon

Reaction score
Once again I say thank you. I will never just do and then read. I recently came from apple and wasnt used to all this reading. I love my droid x and will never switch.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once again I say thank you. I will never just do and then read. I recently came from apple and wasnt used to all this reading. I love my droid x and will never switch.

You don't know how much those words mean to me and others.

Glad for the switch and glad your happy dancedroid

OP
J

joshuacalebsimon

Reaction score
By the way......do you personally have a list of rooted apps that you think will be beneficial? If you have time. If not I completely understand. I already have rom manager....root explorer....titanium backup.....and a few others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.