Droid X stuck on M sign! Bricked beyond repair??

shanedroid

Reaction score
My phone was stuck on the M boot screen.

I SBF'ed it and it executed completely now it's still stuck on the M screen. Is this phone bricked for good?

Any other options?

SBF again?

Stuck! haha

Thanks for your help

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try to get into stock recovery by pulling the battery, holding down the power and home buttons until you see a little Android. Then press the search button. Select factory data reset and also do a cache wipe. Then reboot and see what happens.

SSX v2.0

OP
S

shanedroid

Reaction score
Try to get into stock recovery by pulling the battery, holding down the power and home buttons until you see a little Android. Then press the search button. Select factory data reset and also do a cache wipe. Then reboot and see what happens.

SSX v2.0

Won't let me get into the stock recovery... only to the boatloader or the M screen. No idea why

Power+Home goes straight to the M

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Chance you had the wrong SBF file? Did you check the md5 before SBF'ing? (usually included)

OP
S

shanedroid

Reaction score
Chance you had the wrong SBF file? Did you check the md5 before SBF'ing? (usually included)

I didn't check the md5, maybe ill look for another sbf. I just used the one that associated with the boatloader version 30.04

Checking into a new SBF, thanks for the tip

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would sbf again and try a different file. I had a similar situation before and it was because of a bad file

Find a 2.3.340 Verizon sbf file. Shadow 2.3.340 is just the system file and wont work, FYI. I found out the hard way on that

SSX v2.0

Goodlefeed

Reaction score

I didn't check the md5, maybe ill look for another sbf. I just used the one that associated with the boatloader version 30.04

Also, make sure you have the most current version of RSDLite, usually if your version is too old it won't finish the process, but it's just another thing to be careful about.

OP
S

shanedroid

Reaction score

Also, make sure you have the most current version of RSDLite, usually if your version is too old it won't finish the process, but it's just another thing to be careful about.

Well this sucks,

I got the most current version 4.8, and latest SBF and I'm still stuck at the M, looks like I will be on my way to VZW soon :(

Just not happy because my phone is in great condition, and they are going to give me a crappy refub.

OP
S

shanedroid

Reaction score
RSD Lite v5.3.1 is released I believe, try that and a fresh download of the SBF file.

Don't give up!

EDIT: Found RSD 5.3.1 download here: Download RSDLite 5.3.1.zip

Thanks a ton. I tried their auto-update feature on 4.8 and it said I had the most current version, that's my fault for trusting a program over my own research. Lucky you were here for the rescue, I will let you know how it goes.

sslbaron

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, let it sit there and do it's thing. It may take a little while for it to boot up too.

Swyped from my T-Bolt using DroidForums

OP
S

shanedroid

Reaction score
Latest Update:

Tried three different SBF's.

Tried the new RSD lite.

It keeps going all the way though but at 100% executed. and it tells me to manually power the phone on but the phone is already on and stuck at the M :icon_evil:

barski

Reaction score
Latest Update:

Tried three different SBF's.

Tried the new RSD lite.

It keeps going all the way though but at 100% executed. and it tells me to manually power the phone on but the phone is already on and stuck at the M :icon_evil:

I've had that same exact problem. The only fix was to call verizon and get CLNR sent to me.

Not sure what caused it, since I sbf'd it multiple times with the same program and sbf before. I also downloaded a few more sbf's, new drivers, uninstall/reinstall RSD, battery pulls and everything else i could think of.

OP
S

shanedroid

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, let it sit there and do it's thing. It may take a little while for it to boot up too.

Swyped from my T-Bolt using DroidForums

Im going to let this one sit for 10 mins and see if it works, I think your right I read that somehwere, and Im being impatient.

This is my sisters X, and she's devistated. She always comes to me to fix this crap, and this time it didn't work :icon_eek:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try that but don't let the battery run down too low.

For a foolproof sbf, you can always make a Linux boot CD. Something is wrong though, if you can't get into recovery.

SSX v2.0