stuck on liberty screen

E

EvilWays

OK, new to droid 2. i was already running gummy, installed liberty on top. ran fine for a few minutes then i tried to install a theme through the liberty utility and now im stuck on the liberty boot screen... sbf or is there another way to fix?

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
OK, new to droid 2. i was already running gummy, installed liberty on top. ran fine for a few minutes then i tried to install a theme through the liberty utility and now im stuck on the liberty boot screen... sbf or is there another way to fix?
Battery pull. Replace battery. Open keyboard and hold power and x. When exclamation symbol appears press the search key on the keyboard. Wipe data and cache then reboot. See if that works. Usually does for bootloops.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

wooddale

Reaction score
Battery pull. Replace battery. Open keyboard and hold power and x. When exclamation symbol appears press the search key on the keyboard. Wipe data and cache then reboot. See if that works. Usually does for bootloops.

same thing happen to me tried what you said it said cant open cache.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

same thing happen to me tried what you said it said cant open cache.
At what point did it say that?

wooddale

Reaction score
soon as it came but tried it again and think Im getting somewhere now Ill let you know Thanks very much

wooddale

Reaction score

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Ok I have an idea. Use bootstrap to get back into recovery. Restore a backup to before you installed Liberty. Any other rom that's backed up. Then flash Liberty from scratch. Remember you will have to wipe because you will be coming from another rom. And don't forget to mount system and data before install. This should fix it. You're not bricked or anything, just a glitch.

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2

wooddale

Reaction score
Dont think I can use bootstrap cant see the screen how would I get there. I think when whatever happened happened it blew off my desk top

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Dont think I can use bootstrap cant see the screen how would I get there. I think when whatever happened happened it blew off my desk top
Oh yeah that's right. I forgot you can't get to your screen. So you did wipe data and cache when you followed the steps I layed out earlier?

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Ok while your phone is still on, plug your charger into the phone. Now pull the battery and put it back in. This sometimes cause the phone to go into clockwork recovery. Keep trying a few times. Sometimes it takes me a couple times using different combinations of charger and battery pull.