"Stuck" Keys and Keypress Fails on Hard Keyboard.

jonamurphy

Reaction score
Same here. Recently rooted, but it was doing it before. No update.

I have the "stuck" issue with [space] and [backspace], as well as the random double-space causing a period. The last one was so annoying, I turned off the auto period in the settings Settings --> Language & Keyboard --> Built-In Keyboard; uncheck Auto-Punctuate.

jump_ace

Reaction score
The problem isn't anything with the physical keyboard. The issue is the default messaging app that comes with the Droid 3. Download some other text message app like Handscent or whatever and watch your problems disappear :)

Jerome

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
The problem isn't anything with the physical keyboard. The issue is the default messaging apps that comes with the Droid 3. Download some other text message app like Handscent or whatever and watch your problems disappear :)

Jerome

I doubt that it's just the default messaging app because the hard keyboard keys get "stuck" when using other app (i.e. browsers, contacts, etc.).

FWIW, I haven't had the problem since I installed the leaked update.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

jump_ace

Reaction score
That's odd cause I only have the issue when texting. web browser searches and such are fine. Using the color note app is fine too. Gotta a link to the leaked update?

Jerome

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
That's odd cause I only have the issue when texting. web browser searches and such are fine. Using the color note app is fine too. Gotta a link to the leaked update?

Jerome

When I would get the problem, it was even worse in the browser because not only would the keys get "stuck" but the keys that I press would be registered in a random-like order. It was unbearable.

ThePicklenat0r

Reaction score
Yeah... I have the problem in all apps, not just the messaging app.

jump_ace

Reaction score
Humph, interesting. Well I guess it would be something to try if just the texting is messed up like mine :)

Jerome

Samantha.0

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution yet? Mine has gotten so bad I can't even text anymore.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution yet? Mine has gotten so bad I can't even text anymore.

Your only options are install the update leak or waiting for it to get pushed to your phone.

Jerminator617

Reaction score
I have installed the update, and as for the stuck keys, that problem has disappeared as far as I can tell.
However it still takes me 5+ presses to get the alt key to work most of the time.
I believe that is an actual physical flaw with the phone where the button isn't making good contact.

Samantha.0

Reaction score
Thank you! How do I get the update? I know it asks from time to time about updates but I am not sure how to get them other than then.

privateeye

Reaction score
Fixed! No more stuck texts, keyboard lockdowns, weird spacing. Thanks Jerome

Significant problem is indeed resolved. I think the problem is inherent in the text message system built into droid. i downloaded "handcent" from marketplace in droid2 appls. Handcent which is FREE and very cool. Threw my old droid text icon, the one that came with the phone, in the garbage can at top of screen and now i can communicate again.The refurbished phones ultimately suck. Better to fix the phone you bought in the first place if you can. Thank you Handcent and of most of all, Jerome. True Hero.<
<br>
<br>
The problem isn't anything with the physical keyboard. The issue is the default messaging app that comes with the Droid 3. Download some other text message app like Handscent or whatever and watch your problems disappear <br>
<br>
<br>
Jerome

Last edited:

privateeye

Reaction score
update.i spoke to soon. not completely resolved. maybe not even near resolved. seems to clear up faster through handset. but sure what to make of all this because it is day one and i have just begun to research this obvious product defect. i love my droid otherwise. this is really beginning to tick me off. will definitely go to service dept at store tomorrow.

Significant problem is indeed resolved. I think the problem is inherent in the text message system built into droid. i downloaded "handcent" from marketplace in droid2 appls. Handcent which is FREE and very cool. Threw my old droid text icon, the one that came with the phone, in the garbage can at top of screen and now i can communicate again.The refurbished phones ultimately suck. Better to fix the phone you bought in the first place if you can. Thank you Handcent and of most of all, Jerome. True Hero.<
<br>
<br>

jonamurphy

Reaction score
privateeye,

Have you applied the recent OTA update? It has fixed this bug for many users, including both of our Droid 3's.