"Stuck" Keys and Keypress Fails on Hard Keyboard.

akhi216

Reaction score
At times, my hard keyboard's buttons get "stuck," they continuously register the keypress as held repeating the keypress endlessly until I make another keypress. Most of the time it's the delete key, the space bar, and the period key.

My D3 also fails to register keypresses. It's the Alt key that gets me like 90% of the time. It causes me to type things like "Imll see you next week" or "dualvcore processor." It's bugging the hell out of me!

Has anyone who installed the leaked update had these problems?

Edit: To clarify, I did not have the update installed when I posted this op and now that I've installed the update I'm no longer having these issues.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Well I have had the space bar get stuck and it do like 20 spaces, it might be a hardware issue or software, really hoping its software though so I'm waiting for the new update to come in, I really don't want to ship my device back in

flameboy

Reaction score
My D3 also fails to register keypresses. It's the Alt key that gets me like 90% of the time. It causes me to type things like "Imll see you next week" or "dualvcore processor." It's bugging the hell out of me!

Wow! I am really happy to hear that someone else has this problem. I experience this EXACTLY.
I have also experienced the stuck spacebar. I have not installed the new update, but I suspect it is software. It doesn't make sense that our hardware would be broken in the exact same way, I would think a hardware issue would manifest itself randomly over the keyboard. But who knows. :unsure:

Reaction score
I've previously had the same issue, periods/spaces/commas repeating. Since installing the leaked update I can't say I've had the issue though, even after 3-4 days.

-Saik0

neilrl79

Reaction score
Yeah i'm having the same issues with my DROID3, it's really annoying when the backspace gets "stuck" and wipes out everything that you just typed.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
Yeah i'm having the same issues with my DROID3, it's really annoying when the backspace gets "stuck" and wipes out everything that you just typed.

This.

SuperShaw42

Reaction score

Same here, getting to where i can barely send a text anymore....also my phone is hit or miss on whether it will charge when put on a charger...it will show it is charging but battery will still go down....

Reaction score
Everybody who replied in this thread needs to identify if they've installed the leaked update. The OP is asking if the update fixed the issue for people. Please specify if you've updated or not.

-Saik0

SuperShaw42

Reaction score
Everybody who replied in this thread needs to identify if they've installed the leaked update. The OP is asking if the update fixed the issue for people. Please specify if you've updated or not.

-Saik0

Sorry....NO update for me

shaf786

Reaction score
I've also been getting this a lot recently. Wasn't a common occurence before. Currently rooted with no update

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

islander90

Reaction score
seems like this keyboard issue is getting worse for me and also has more people commenting about it on the forum. Do you think this would point more towards a hardware issue as the hardware wears out or a software issue as phone space gets clogged?

I've also been noticing a lot of I guess "keypress fails" lately as I type. It's gotten to the point where the hardware keyboard is nearly useless. It's a catch 22; I have to type slow to make sure each letter gets pushed, but if I type TOO slow, then I end up with 50 spaces after each word or half my line deleted when I make a mistake. Haven't taken the plunge for the update, but hopefully the official one will come out in a few days. If that doesn't fix it, then it's definitely time for a new one :frown:

ThePicklenat0r

Reaction score
Completely stock, with no update or root. I actually was experiencing this so much that I contacted tech support and had a replacement phone shipped... now this one is starting to do the same thing. Really hope something gets done soon.

lauragail4350

Reaction score
Me too!! Stock, no update, no root. Inserts spaces randomly(which causes period to appear,and next letter to capitalize!) And sometimes space goes on forever, lines and lines before I catch it...very frustrating!! I've turned my phone off and back on...not sure what to do?

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
I've noticed that I'm not having the "stuck" keyboard issue after doing a factory reset and not installing any non-market apps.

Edit: Correction, I'm not having it that much.

Last edited: