Stuck in setup with no signal...

satarecah

Reaction score
I'm stuck in initial setup with no signal but ive had signal since 11/11/11 till I did hard reset today, And now ive got nothing any ideas so i can use my phone. Should i just smash it and say it was stolen?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm stuck in initial setup with no signal but ive had signal since 11/11/11 till I did hard reset today, And now ive got nothing any ideas so i can use my phone. Should i just smash it and say it was stolen?

Tap the four corners of the display starting from top left to bottom left in a clockwise fashion to bypass the activation.

Edited: Inaccuracy.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tCqjyCEcWx4

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited:
OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
Tap the four corners of the display starting from top left to bottom left in a clockwise fashion to bypass the activation.

Edited: Inaccuracy.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tCqjyCEcWx4

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Is that a joke lol? cause im 100% dead serious that im in toatlly screwed ville

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
satarecah

satarecah

Reaction score
LOL nvm im half drunk and was going the wrong way way sorry -.- ty now i shall figure out what is wrong with my signal

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No, I was dead serious as well. In order to set up certain features of the phone without having to enter and register with Google, the bypass feature was included in the OS.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it works on the razr with the non removable back cover but I know on the nexus sometimes powering down and pulling out the sim card for a few minutes then putting it back in and rebooting will fix a no signal issue

So can you take out the sim card on the razr? If so that could fix it

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sim card is in a small door on the side, so its removable

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
And in my haste, I stated the bypass press in the wrong order (thanks thadroid). The right order is clockwise from top left to bottom left.

See video below.

See: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tCqjyCEcWx4

Last edited:

donnie5336

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it works on the razr with the non removable back cover but I know on the nexus sometimes powering down and pulling out the sim card for a few minutes then putting it back in and rebooting will fix a no signal issue

So can you take out the sim card on the razr? If so that could fix it

+1 Definitely take it to Verizon and try a new simcard. When I first got my Razr I went through 3 of them before I could get data signal for initial setup.