Soft bricked my RAZR... D:

yoonssoo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I rooted my RAZR, and I accidentally moved some of the stuff from systems/app. Was just trying to move bloatwares, but I also moved BlurPhone.apk and stuff like that.
Instantly I wasn't able to get any calls... I moved ALL the files back to where it was.
After rebooting I noticed I wasn't getting any signal. com.android.phone kept force closing...
I had a Bionic Bootstrapper and a backup that I'd made when I first rooted the phone, so I rebooted in clockworkmod and tried restoring.
It failed to restore /cache, so I went to advanced recovery and recovered everything except for cache(data, system, sd-ext, I think.)
None made a difference.. Tried factory reset in CWM but didn't make a difference.
So I did a factory reset with the phone by going into settings-privacy.
Well, now it gives me the initial setup screen, but still com.android.phone force closes, and no signal.
Because there is no signal, when I try to set up the phone, it says "please wait, this may take a few minutes." and just stays there forever.
com.android.phone still force closes.
So now I can't even boot into CWM because I can't pull out the apps I have, and they're probably gone anyway because I did a factory reset!
Is there any way I can do anything about it? :(

OP
Y

yoonssoo

Reaction score
Thanks.. that pretty much solved the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

greengoo

Reaction score
yoonssoo I am having the same problem that you were having how were you able to fix it I am not able to get into clockwork recovery

OP
Y

yoonssoo

Reaction score
There is a better method now.. Search for Droid RAZR(Verizon RAZR/CDMA) fastboot and use it to restore.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

greengoo

Reaction score
I did have the fastboot files but I ended up finding a post that states how to fastboot files with cmd prompt. I am still interested in getting it to work with RSD lite, It says that it fails every time that I try.I am in the ap fastboot mode

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I did have the fastboot files but I ended up finding a post that states how to fastboot files with cmd prompt. I am still interested in getting it to work with RSD lite, It says that it fails every time that I try.I am in the ap fastboot mode

I've done it only once and it was successful. I'll be giving it a go again this weekend to see if I can recover root and retain it through the upgrade to .173.