HELP!! Think I bricked my DROIDX!!!

mrmayhem

Reaction score
I am running Liquid 2.6 was in Titanium freezing some pesky apps and accidentally froze my dialer. Now I can't do anything because a window pops up sayin "Sorry! the applocation Dialer(process com.android.phone) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" then has a button "Force Close" I can't do anything with this pop up on my screen and it just keeps popping up..Hope someone can help.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I'd help you but your misuse of the word "bricked" saddens me deeply.

OP
M

mrmayhem

Reaction score
Sorry for the misuse. I am new to the forums here. Thought it meant i made it as useful as a brick, which at this point it is.

jerkwad

Reaction score
mrmayhem,

that is how the term came about. but your phone is far far far from bricked ;-)

i suggest you do two things:

1. read up on sbf
2. take FULL advantage of the search feature (you aren't the first to do this)

If you have removed required applications from your phone (freezing them) you don't have too many options. you COULD possibly find someone that would be willing to package your dialer apk into an installable .zip file and reinstall it. However, you will need to find a way into recovery (clockworkmod) in order to do so. Can you hold down the power button and get a prompt to reboot into recovery? If so you might be in some luck. Otherwise read up on SBF and kiss all your apps/data goodbye, as you will lose any data that isn't on your sdcard.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
M

mrmayhem

Reaction score
I was able to reboot into recovery. Now what should I do?

jerkwad

Reaction score
I was able to reboot into recovery. Now what should I do?

the easiest thing to do would be to reinstall the ROM .zip file. Just as you did before.

while you are in there, might as well wipe cache/dalvik too.

formatting Cache is pretty straightforward but the Dalvik cache is hiding in the Advanced section

OP
M

mrmayhem

Reaction score
WOOHOO!!! You rock buddy! She is up and running again...Thanks ALOT!!