HelixLauncher has locked my Droid

sdblouch

Reaction score
Getting a pop-up message: "Helixlauncher has stopped unexpectedly, please try again" with a small command window that says "Force Close". Touching Force Close just brings back the message again and no other commands are possible. Tried removing battery, but same issue repeats. Phone is currently unusable until I find a solution. Please help.

J

Johnly

You put helix 2 on there. Only helix 1is optimized for the droid

mtnbikerfred

Reaction score
Pull the battery,

Hold the menu key on the slide out keyboard down while powering back up
(keep holding down until you see "safe mode" in the lower corner of the screen

go into settings/applications/manage applications

scroll down to Helix launcher and remove it.

Just to be sure, reboot your Droid.

"Helix Launcher 2" doesn't work on Droid. "HelixLauncher" works great for me.

Reaction score
Another solution is if you hit te search key and get into the searchbox type in "market" and then go to the market and either uninstall the launcher or download a different one so you can reset the default home application

JayLynn

Reaction score
I have the very same problem. I do not have H2 I have H1 and it worked fine until I bought Beautiful Widgets and put the Beautiful Home up. My other problem is I can't get the back off the phone to remove the battery...Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you...

OP
S

sdblouch

Reaction score
Safe Mode doesn't help, still locked in the same loop.

JayLynn

Reaction score
Ok, I did this:

From: NeverEndingXsin "Another solution is if you hit te search key and get into the searchbox type in "market" and then go to the market and either uninstall the launcher or download a different one so you can reset the default home application"

It took many, many tries to get the thing to show up between hitting the force close button but it did eventually come up and I typed market between forced closes and did what he said and it worked. Now I guess I need to remove Beautiful Widgets so I can have my 7 home screens back... I couldn't really see the Beautiful in it anyway, I'm thinking maybe it didn't download correctly.

Thank you NeverEndingXsin that did the trick.

Mule65

Reaction score
I uninstalled free HelixLauncher 1.29 and couldn't be happier. It just doesn't play well. General unresponsiveness. Shortcuts going to old home. Widgets not starting up after power cycle. Delayed email notifications. Battery drain with live wallpaper.

All better now.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I had that problem with helix2 I just hit the Home button and chose Home option (for regular Launcher.apk) in between FC pop ups. Just don't set the launcher you choose as the default launcher until you've decided completely on which one you wanna keep!