Stuck in Bootloader!!! HELP!

d2user

Reaction score
ok so i bought my droid 2 and it was flashed. i tried to unroot it by flashing the sbf using rsd lite. and now im stuck at the bootlaoder screen. hopefully im not bricked cause that would really suck. heres what i did

installed rsd lite and patched it up
connected my droid and flashed first successfully. the second one did too.
but it didnt reboot.
i thought something went wrong so i went to try to flash again
this time i left the room so the flash would do its thing when i came back to usb was disconnected!! and the rsd said manually reboot.
it wouldnt reboot.
this is what it says:

D2.35
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEW_MAP Blank
Service Reg'd
battery low
cannot program

and now the rsd wont read it even after i installed the drivers. i really hoping it is because the battery is low, but i would like to hear that from the pros. thanks a lot!

note: i was able to get a replacment shipped to me without telling what was wrong at all. jus said it wouldnt turn on. would i be ok since the first time went well it just wouldnt boot up? or i shouldnt risk it at all. thanks again.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you cant do anything since you have a low battery. youre gonna need to find a way to charge it.

if you send back the phone the way it is and they find root on it, be prepared to face the ~500 dollar charge associated with it.

OP
D

d2user

Reaction score
you cant do anything since you have a low battery. youre gonna need to find a way to charge it.

if you send back the phone the way it is and they find root on it, be prepared to face the ~500 dollar charge associated with it.

but this is fixable right? i just need to charge battery?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not positive but ur bootloader reads a low battery and nothing can be done in this state.

OP
D

d2user

Reaction score
not positive but ur bootloader reads a low battery and nothing can be done in this state.

ok thanks a lot. well if verizon did send the phone i could use that to charge the battery and hopefully be able to unroot it.

do i just keep posting on this thread for help?

OP
D

d2user

Reaction score
thanks for the help!! hope it works again

Skyler

Reaction score
okay, so my d2 is having the same issue...it ran out of power, so i connected it to my friends macbook via usb and now its showing that bootloader message... does this mean it wont charge and is locked in this state, or is it charging and will go back to normal after some time charging? does connecting it to a mac make a difference? its the only power source around, since i forgot my own charger.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, they previously failed to tell you that the phone can only be charged by a wall jack. It will not charge being connected by USB.

Skyler

Reaction score
so yeah i figured out that plugging a d2 into a mac does not work. i can plug it into my pc at home and it will work fine... weird.

PanicProne

Reaction score
i personally never had a problem charging it through my usb...but "d2 user" make sure you have dbugging and pc mode set on your phone when you are trying to flash it. i do use rsdlite and spf filing to remove a root on a friend of mines phone and bring it back to its ota state..

Djay

Reaction score
when your phone is dead or off and you plug it to a computer it automatically puts it in bootloader