Stuck in boot loop - Charge battery? - Factory reset doesn't work

Nolam

Reaction score
Ok moderator; PLEASE do not close this thread. I apologized and marked off my other threads to be closed/deleted, and yet you close this one WITHOUT warning. Please at least be business-like and give me a chance because this was my first experience on the forum.

Here is my original post:

I'm getting the error;

Boot Loader 30.04
Battery Low
Can not program

I flashed earlier today but was retarded enough to make the same mistake again and get myself stuck in a boot loop, and apparently you need a full battery to flash an SBF over USB via your computer. My question is; I've been letting it sit on the charger for a while and the only way I can get it to sit there is if it is cycling through the boot loop. Is it charging? Do I just have to wait way longer?

Thanks!
-Nolam

------

And no, factory reset does not work.

IF you close this thread without warning I'm going to a different android forum >.>

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know exactly the only way to tell is try and sbf see if it works Haha.
However what I suggest is unplug battery pull put it in and charge it without trying to turn it on. And try it again later.
And if you need it ill post a link that shows how to trick the bootloader to thinking its charged.

FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
N

Nolam

Reaction score
I would very much like that link please!

And whenever I plug it in it automatically starts bootlooping, so I have no control over that.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And that's what I though.
But I've never done what the link says it has only worked for other people but it works and yeah im not sure I could personally tear the usb charger but if it's the only way to fix your phone it sounds like a pretty good option

FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
N

Nolam

Reaction score
Yeah I already stripped a broken USB cable I had and tried charging the battery outside of the phone (like someone else suggested on another forum) but it was either taking too long or not working. I think I'm going to have to give my battery to my friend and have him charge it in his X...

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That would also work.
However have you tried to sbf again and see if its charging?
If it's in bootloop I believe it will, that being about a 65% confident level.

FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
N

Nolam

Reaction score
Well I get the error "Battery Low, Can Not Program" when trying to enter boot loader mode, so I can't even attempt to SBF. I read somewhere that your battery has to be above like 70% in order to program, so that's pretty stupid, because last time I did it it took like 20 minutes tops and didn't use more than 10% of my battery.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mhmm yeah I think I've had it at 40 before and it worked.
But yeah id screw around and try the link just to have fun haha and then later id give it to my friend to charge it.
Sorry I couldn't help though.

FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
N

Nolam

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll let it sit on the charger all night and then try it in the morning. If that doesn't work i'll give it to my friend and then post here telling my results.

Thanks anyways!
-Nol

debrad0307

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll let it sit on the charger all night and then try it in the morning. If that doesn't work i'll give it to my friend and then post here telling my results.

Thanks anyways!
-Nol

You may want to find a friend with the same phone just to charge your battery if all else fails..

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

OP
N

Nolam

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I ended up doing.

After letting it sit running through a boot loop on the charger it came out at 0% (found that out when I plugged it into my friends Droid X).

So no, it does not charge in the boot loop, just gives it power to run through the boot loop (thanks Moto for making it happen that way :blackdroid: >.>)

Gave it to my friend and he got it up to 60% and I'm flashing it right now.

Thanks guy!

-Nolam