Stuck in boot animation loop after flashing ROM

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Okay folks. I had followed the steps to a tee and had my Bionic up and working very well with this ROM and then I did a back up of my phone and when I restarted the phone, it said that it was "Upgrading apps...please standby" and it upgraded 113 apps I assume. This was all well and good but it hung my phone for close to 45 minutes and it never finished or updated. The phone was frozen so I had to pull the battery from the phone. Now I am stuck in the boot animation and that is as far as it will go. I need help to un"brick" my phone since I cannot get any further than the boot animation which hangs the phone right there. Even if I need to do a factory reset, that would be okay with me. Please assist.
Thank you.

I have Droid Bionic
O/S .902

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
To add to this, I have tried doing a factory reset by pulling the battery and putting it back in, holding the volume down/volume up button and pressing the power button. Then I went down to recovery and hit the up arrow which selected that. From there I wiped data/factory reset but every time that completes and I try to do a reboot, it comes back to the AXIOM BIONIC boot animation (without any sound) and hangs.

Called Verizon Wireless tech who could only step me through the above steps that I had already done 3 times. Still no good. Their suggestion was to have them send me a new phone or go to store for a new one but if I do that, they will see that I had rooted my phone and the boot animation will be present, no?

matjmonk

Reaction score
Check in the Tech Support for the RSDLite/Fxz instructions, sounds like you'll need to reload .902 but then you can reroot and restore your backup.

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Thank you matjmonk. I kinda was in that direction too. downloaded RSDLite5.6.4.msi already but the time consuming part is the .902 file which is taking me over 2 hours.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
To add to this, I have tried doing a factory reset by pulling the battery and putting it back in, holding the volume down/volume up button and pressing the power button. Then I went down to recovery and hit the up arrow which selected that. From there I wiped data/factory reset but every time that completes and I try to do a reboot, it comes back to the AXIOM BIONIC boot animation (without any sound) and hangs.

Called Verizon Wireless tech who could only step me through the above steps that I had already done 3 times. Still no good. Their suggestion was to have them send me a new phone or go to store for a new one but if I do that, they will see that I had rooted my phone and the boot animation will be present, no?

What did you use to flash ROM? Stock recovery?

matjmonk

Reaction score
Thank you matjmonk. I kinda was in that direction too. downloaded RSDLite5.6.4.msi already but the time consuming part is the .902 file which is taking me over 2 hours.

I feel your pain being that I live in an area without high-speed internet, so I try and so I try to save my large DL's for when I'm at work! I just did the RSD/Fxz this weekend and it went quite smoothly. Good Luck!

Cheers

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
The download takes 2+ hours unless you subscribe to the host site. Connection speed has nothing to do with the download time. I had a 100meg connection and it still took me that long to download the fxz file for 902. It's worth the wait cuz it Will unbrick you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't run any ICS rom using bootstrap, i'd use safestrap so you don't have to flash the 902 fxz everytime you bootloop. These roms are beta, so its bound to happen again.

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Question for timmy10shoes

I personally wouldn't run any ICS rom using bootstrap, i'd use safestrap so you don't have to flash the 902 fxz everytime you bootloop. These roms are beta, so its bound to happen again.

Hi there. What is "safestrap" and where can I download it?

Thank you.