Problem when flashing a ROM

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
I have tried flashing liberty and th3ory multiple times. I have Bionic bootstrapper installed along with rom manager. I wiped my phone and erased the cache. I load the rom from the zip. When I reboot my phone it is stuck on the boot up screen. What am I doing wrong?

AlexSB

Reaction score
For DTs rom are you making sure you're flashing the base first?

Also you hhave to wipe everything, that includes the Wipe data tab, I also like to to into Mounts and Format /System, /Data, /Cache. Also wipe Dalvik cache, I honestly have no idea what it does but everyone always says wipe it lol

When you place the rom on uyour SD card, are you mmaking sure iits on the ext?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
yes I am flashing the base. I do wipe everything, I followed the instructions on the thread exactly as they said. I'm going to leave my bionic on the boot screen over night and see if it somehow resolves itself.

Superdan2481

Reaction score
I had the same problem! !! Tried flashing for 2 days!!! My computer wasn't downloading the right file! Tried downloading it in my phone an worked perfectly the first time!

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
now my phone wont start up unless its plugged in? It's not uncharged, I charged the battery alone without the phone for about an hour. I also can't get to the recovery screen or the fastboot screen. Did I brick my phone?

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty weird.. I will get back to u asap if I can come up with a solution...

Bad install or faulty battery maybe? Can get to fastboot? Weird...

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
Can't get to fastboot, and I have tried two different batteries...

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, like my Droid X because of the locked bootloader, you don't need fastboot for this process but just Android recovery??? Hmmm... Let me do some research... Never had to deal with a Bionic... Just the Notorious Droid X/X2, D2G...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
E

ExSuperHero

Reaction score
I can't get to the recovery screen or fast boot or cwm recovery. so I don't think I would be able to use android recovery

Reaction score
From what I remember, in order to use RSD Lite, u have to remove your battery, start RSD, plug in your phone via USB to your computer, hold down a combination of buttons (I believe the Droid X was power+camera+search or something like that) in order to get into Android recovery mode to where RSD can gain access to flash your phone...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

psychdroid

Reaction score
Instead of fast boot maybe this process will help

http://droidmodderx.com/bionic/how-to-root-droid-bionic-oneclick-root/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums