Stuck in AP Fastboot It says Load kernel (boot) failed Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure

sarm1084

Reaction score
Hi all

Well I bricked my phone and I'm stuck in AP Fastboot. When I try to start the phone (boot it up from off) It gets as far as the M logo then enters AP fastboot or it might even go directly to fastboot.

What I was doing: I was trying to use Matt's Droid RAZR M utility 1.20 option 1 to go back to stock 4.1.2. That's when my problems started. I had nearly 70% battery when i started (now it says "low battery").

Phone set up: Droid RAZR M 4.1.2; Rooted; Locked bootloader; Safestrap 3.12 and backed up; stock slot was still stock and ROM slot 1 was running Eclipse Custom ROM. To be honest I cant remember if i was back in stock ROM slot or ROM slot 1 when I attempted to use Matt's Utility. And I didn't uninstall Safestrap nether prior to using the utility. Don't know how much those factors played into causing my problem.

What I have tried: I have tried RSD Lite 6.1.4 with xml.zip files from the Droid-Developers SBF web site. But i keep getting this fail message, "Failed flashing process. 1/19 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> Phone returned Fail."

I have tried manually pushing the recovery.img, boot.img and system.img file onto the phone via cmd.exe and it fails with this message for all three attempts, "Battery Low!!" "FAILED (remote failure)".

I have tried Matt's Utility option 1 I get multiple fail messages, "Failed to erase partition", "FAILED (remote failure)", "Failed to flash partition boot", "Failed to write mmc".

I even purchased one of Team Black Hats Factory Programing Adapters (little red adapter) That acts like a factory programing cable (they said they don't sell the cable any more cause the red adapter does the same thing for cheaper).
With the adapter connected I still get the same fail messages in RSD Lite, Matt's Utility, and cmd.exe prompt. I was under the impression that the factory programing cable (adapter) would solve my low battery issue.

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.View attachment 66236View attachment 66237View attachment 66238View attachment 66239View attachment 66240

PS: Also, I did not take the last OTA update from a few weeks ago. I was planning to unlock my bootloader. And my computer is a Windows XP (sp3). Thanks Again.

Last edited:

lowvolt

Reaction score
I have heard you can plug your phone in to the wall using the standard charging method. And let it charge for like 24 hours. I have also heard of the team black hat cords but I thought there was a separate charging cord from the red adaptor. I think once you get the battery charged you should be able to get Matt's utility to work.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

OP
sarm1084

sarm1084

Reaction score
Thanks friend. Yes, that's what I'm doing now. I'll see if it a good to go by tomorrow.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OP
sarm1084

sarm1084

Reaction score
I have heard you can plug your phone in to the wall using the standard charging method. And let it charge for like 24 hours. I have also heard of the team black hat cords but I thought there was a separate charging cord from the red adaptor. I think once you get the battery charged you should be able to get Matt's utility to work.

Lowvolt

Thanks for the help fortunately I was able to get some more help on another forum. My problem was that my downloaded copy if Matts utility was corrupted for some reason. I was instructed to check the Utilities md5 check sum and compare it to the check sum of the utility on the batakang Web site. I was able to accomplish this by first downloading a small free program called winmd5free. Select the utility and compare it to the original source. If it's the same your good if not, delete it and download it again. It's a simple a that. I hope this will help someone else too. Thanks Again.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Last edited:

lowvolt

Reaction score
Glad you got it going. I knew you would eventually. It is almost impossible to completely brick a phone these days. These forums are extremely helpful. I am on 4 different ones. Hope to see you surfing them in the future.