Stuck in Activation!

REMilk

Reaction score
I purchased My Droid 3 as part of the BOGO promotion and received both on August 26. My wife's Droid 3 activated without a hitch. My Droid 3 did not want to enter activation. I spent about an hour with Verizon Wireless tech support, powering down, rebooting, dial *228, over and over until finally it entered the activation.

This past Sunday, Sept 4, my Droid 3 stopped syncing my Google Account. It would sync everything else, but not the Google accounts. It seems like you cannot delete the Google account and re-add it. Tech Support had me do a 'factory reset' so I started the activation all over again. I got as far as the Location screen when the activation kept going into a FC. I pulled the battery, waited and restarted, no luck. I went to the local Verizon Wireless store today and lo' and behold, they no longer have any tech support in the Richmond, VA corp stores. The associate looked at the phone and what it was doing and agreed there was a problem. I then called tech support, again, and they said it seems like my Droid 3 has a hardware problem. Verizon is shipping me a replacement. In the mean time, I reactivated my OG Droid.

Has anyone else had this type problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Thank you,
Bob

PS. I may not activate it, but rather 'trade' it and pay the $299 for the Bionic. Since I will be within the 14-day window, I do not expect any problem.

rvcjew

Reaction score
that blows sounds like you did indeed have a radio problem, or bad img put on device from factory?

Reaction score
Sound like a faulty phone. As new as it is if you get a refurb phone I would raise holy hell about that. Make sure you get a NEW phone.

davishusband

Reaction score
I would have made my wife trade me phones, problem solved!

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!