Stuck at Bootloader 2C.6C BAttery OK...

myztery

Reaction score
I have posted here before and was unable to get this thing set up. I have done everything as directed. Hoping for a fresh look.

I can reboot into Android system recovery.

I do both wipes, and I have tried multiple roms by installing via update.zip. Nothing seems to get me past the bootloader screen.

I have also tried advance nandroid backups,.. same situation.

I went through and did the RSD Lite as well, it seems to work as it is supposed to. When the reboot happens, back to bootloader screen.

Someone please help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow you tried quite a bit and must be frustrated.

I'm not positive but it seems you may not have root access.

Do you have super user permission (open app drawer and look for the app with the Ninja)
Hopefully, you have a terminal emulator so open that and enter SU if the $ signs do not turn to # then you need to re root.

Let me know what you find.

Mike

Tac.css

Reaction score
Wow you tried quite a bit and must be frustrated.

I'm not positive but it seems you may not have root access.

Do you have super user permission (open app drawer and look for the app with the Ninja)
Hopefully, you have a terminal emulator so open that and enter SU if the $ signs do not turn to # then you need to re root.

Let me know what you find.

Mike

He is stuck on the boot loader, which means he can't actually get into the phone OS, how is he going to check his app drawer? This has nothing to do with root.

Myztery, its kind of a wild guess, but check and make sure that the dpad UP button isn't pressed, or stuck in the pressed in position, since that could cause your phone to constantly go to the boot loader.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read getting into Android System recovery and went from there. Thanks for correcting my bad reading!

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Also, try booting your phone without it being plugged in. My phone used to go straight to bootloader if I had it charging while turning it on.

OP
M

myztery

Reaction score
I didnt mention, I have had this problem for months, and I have google'd, yahoo'd and searched pretty much every Android forum out there and tried whatever there is to try.

The dpad isnt stuck in any position, I have tried plugged in and not plugged in.

Before the problem, I had root access (January or Feb) and was using whatever roms and rom manager was available then.

I have redownoloaded and reinstalled all the needed files for any of the "unbrick your phone" forums many times, and have been unsuccessful.

I think the problem was that I had the phone rooted and I ran the battery out, when I tried to get it up and going I had problems getting it to load up. I tried to restore the most recent stable rom I had and it hasn't been past the OK to Program screen (of death) since.

I have since replaced the phone,.. but it would be nice to get it up and running, this is the main reason why it seems like it has been so long since I have got it running.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and hopefully something will work.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. The problem occurred on your first phone and is happening again on the replacement?

OP
M

myztery

Reaction score
Problem happened on my first phone. I got a replacement, but still have the first phone. I would like to get the first phone to work.

I only mention this as #1 this hasn't been an emergency because I have another phone, and #2 some people might wonder why I have been so patient with getting the problem fixed.

Luxferro

Reaction score
I know its been said in a previous post, but it sure sounds like your keyboard is stuck. Even if the keys don't seem stuck, it doesn't mean it's not electronically stuck (continuity) via the contacts or membrane (i'm not sure what type of buttons are used in it).

If you are able to flash in recovery, or flashing a .sbf seems to work, then it really seems like a hardware problem where your phone is stuck going to the bootloader..... for which there are like 2 ways to get into the bootloader. keyboard combo, or booting up with usb connected to a pc. The phone is going to know the difference if it is connected to a PC or a USB charger by the usb d+ and d- lines, and the state they are in as the phone boots.

I'd try to exchange it.

OP
M

myztery

Reaction score
Cant exchange it as it was already replaced. I have messed with it a bunch, so I dont believe the pad is pressed to up,.. although it is possible the inner part is messed up. Is there a way to detect this?

Game4set

Reaction score
I know its been said in a previous post, but it sure sounds like your keyboard is stuck. Even if the keys don't seem stuck, it doesn't mean it's not electronically stuck (continuity) via the contacts or membrane (i'm not sure what type of buttons are used in it).

If you are able to flash in recovery, or flashing a .sbf seems to work, then it really seems like a hardware problem where your phone is stuck going to the bootloader..... for which there are like 2 ways to get into the bootloader. keyboard combo, or booting up with usb connected to a pc. The phone is going to know the difference if it is connected to a PC or a USB charger by the usb d+ and d- lines, and the state they are in as the phone boots.

I'd try to exchange it.

You're 100% right about the keyboard being stuck. I too just got this problem yesterday. I was trying to put the volume up and it wouldn't go up, so I reset my phone. Next thing you know the bootloader screen pops up. I immediately look up the problem and decide to take it to my local Verizon store.

From there after waiting like half an hour the manager comes up to help me. As she's waiting for one of the employees to finish using an AC Adapter cable, she playing around with my phone and all of the sudden the Motorola logo pops. From there she takes it to that place where they flash phones and as I'm waiting, she comes up to me and tells me that the phone is on and asks me to place the password (I don't think she flashed the phone or anything since I still had all my apps; I think she just somehow got lucky as before when she made the Motorola boot logo pop up). Then as I'm going through my phone, she tries to ask me if I rooted it by saying "Do you have any third-party applications" and I tell her I don't think so and that I'm pretty sure the problem I'm currently experiencing is related to the hardware. So she tells me that they don't have any replacements in the store and that they'll have to order one in the mail which I'll receive this Monday in the mail (3 whole days!).

So I go home, back up my texts, back up my apps and settings via Titanium Backup and think of a way another way to back up my stuff for the new phone (just as precautions). I also tell myself that a Nandroid backup would be perfect but I'm worried that the bootloader screen might pop up again.

So I start to look at my phone and I notice that the up volume button wasn't the only button not working; it turns out that half of the keys on the keyboard aren't working and that included the x button (which I'd need to boot up into SPRecovery), up, down, and ok buttons on the d-pad. So I knew that I would be unable to load up into SPRecovery and I remembered ROM Manager and they option where I can load up into Recovery Mode by just pressing that option. Once I did so and next thing you know the bootloader screen pops up again! So here I am stuck at square one once again.

I tried to just reflash my phone via RSD Lite and make it anew since I'm going to have to unroot sooner or later before I send my old defective phone off once I get my replacement in the mail (and I also needed to have a working phone for until I get the replacement!). But RSD has failed me and gave me an error which didn't surprise me since this has been a hardware problem.

So now I'm not sure what to do. Should I just keep on pressing the power button and hope for the phone to randomly turn on perfectly? Or should I go back to the Verizon store and talk to the nice manager lady to somehow get a replacement now (but I don't want to bother her since I know that she knew my phone was rooted or something was up and she might get annoyed)??

Last edited:

bboy14

Reaction score
droid stuck on boot screen

i have a moto droid flashed to cricket, it worked very well until couple of days that i was messing with it by trying to update to the froyo thing,
i backed up my stuff and wen i restored it it gets stuck on the green eye
and just switches to the (droid/cricket) screen and never goes to the home screen. i have left it like that for a dAy and its the same way,
also i have tryed the x reboot thing but it does not work can someone help please?