Stuck in bootloader 2c.6c

asnether

Reaction score
My motorola droid will not boot up and will only show the bootloader screen or let me get the recovery screen (power+x).

Specs: unrooted, ES81, no verizon warranty (bought used)

bootloader
2c.6c
battery ok, ok to program, connect usb, data cable

I've read tons of threads on similar issues where the solutions were to get an exchange from Verizon, flash a new sbf, get a new battery, have a full charge, stuck keys, take it VZ for a flash, remove the SD card, etc. I tried to call Motorola but they took my number due to high call volume and didn't call back.

Is there a way to bypass or reprogram bootloader?? Anyone have any ideas??

Doesn't seem like the phone is bricked but then again maybe I'm F'd...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The background:
I bought the phone used (that was supposedly new and the water seals were intact) that worked great until it died due to low battery (prior to dying, I was able to turn the phone on and off without issues). After taking out the battery and turning the power on and off several times (USB cable plugged in and unplugged with and without the computer or wall), it eventually restarted after I placed the power plug just right so that the white indicator light was on and the phone kicked over once the charge got to the right level. The same issue occured the next time that I turned the phone off on an airplane. Again, I let the phone die then set the plug in the right position until the power got there and it turned on.

The next time I was able to turn the phone off and it booted correctly when turning on again; I got greedy and rooted the phone and installed bugless beast, and everything went perfectly on the install. After reboot, it went to the bootloader screen again, only this time I couldn't get it to boot correctly by jiggering the plug to get the white light on. I reverted and reinstalled the unrooted ES81 sbf file only to find the same bootloader issue. I've wiped the cache and done reset/recovery on each iteration.

Thanks!

PS I've also been trying to install fresh ROMs but get the following error E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command. The is the next concern once I get past the bootloader issue.

Jeff_23

Reaction score
Hey guys mine I got stuck in bootloader when trying to root. I did a battery pull and was able to get into recovery after that. Don't know if that helps but good luck.

northmendo

Reaction score
Any luck on this. I have the same problem. I flashed sbf successfully and I am still stuck on the boot loader.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
flash the 2.0.1 sbf with rsdlite - all in link 1