bootloader 2c.6c

honomichl.kalin

Reaction score
the solution

so i work for verizon wireless... and this happened to my own personal phone.. what verizon has to say about it is on the motorola droid when u see that screen it means one of the pins in the charging port is being bent the wrong way. What you have to do is call verizon and talk to tech support, if the phone is still under warranty they will send u a warranty replacement phone. You need to get it fixed soon tho because it can cause issues with the software to wear u have a brick for a phone. nobody wants that!

Kalin Honomichl dancedroid

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
so i work for verizon wireless... and this happened to my own personal phone.. what verizon has to say about it is on the motorola droid when u see that screen it means one of the pins in the charging port is being bent the wrong way. What you have to do is call verizon and talk to tech support, if the phone is still under warranty they will send u a warranty replacement phone. You need to get it fixed soon tho because it can cause issues with the software to wear u have a brick for a phone. nobody wants that!

Kalin Honomichl dancedroid
Cool thanks for the info! I'm sure if it came down to it, I would do the same thing if my phone wasn't working, but at least I have an idea of what might cause this problem.

pbclown459

Reaction score
Okay, my droid took a spill. The screen cracked, thus voiding the warranty. If I take it to verizon, they won't do anything because of this issue as far as I know. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm getting the the bootloader screen, with a flashing "Battery Low" and "Cannot Program" text. What do I do now?

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
@pbclown459 if u have been having trouble with ur phone causeing u to turn it on and off a lot u may have drained the batvery faster than normal. I had the battery issue several times now, I have success in charging with different methods each time. One is use power outlet not the computer use to charge, charge it in that bootloader screen u see because it won't charge during a bootloop or stuck MOTO logo (seemingly won't charge anyway). One time that worked another it didn't. I let my battery go too low and it won't charge enough to stay on but has to be on while charging, so getting a new use data cable that is thicker has helped people because the provided ones are not the best for charging dead batteries. I plug mine into the computer to charge, take battery out to force it off, put battery back in and this allows me to charge while phone is off without turning itself back on. The easiest way, if u could boot up, is to turn it off while plugged into the computer it will stay off and charge. Remember a dead lithium ion charges at less than half the rate of a charged one, at 0% it seems to trickle charge very slowly with the provided cables.

Please consider buying a battery charger that u put the battery in, not plug into the phone, it eliminates the need for multiple trial and error attempts if you are unsuccessful. It is important to have a sufficient battery charge to flash your phone to a working state, as you might be able to recover by flashing with RSD lite, by Motorola. It is not recommended. unless you tried everything else in these forums and only if u read and understand the entire thread on this forum that provides the warnings, instructions, and downloads. Sorry no link provided.

I have probably made an attempt to correct all typos in this post, MOTO Droid keyboard has got me pressing the wrong keys I'm still practicing with it, its nothing like my awesome XV6700 keyboard, so forgive me if anything is unreadable.

arbitrage

Reaction score
Same problem here. Needless to say, I have voided my warranty. i have rebooted a hundred times and I still get the 2c.6c screen. I have pulled the battery and the sd card booted and still the same debugging screen. I have replaced just the battery and still the same screen. replaced both and still the same screen.

Is there truly no fix for this?

Dibrom

Reaction score
Just happened to me

Wow, talk about scary. Just happened to me right after plugging in a (sketchy) usb cable. Barely even touched the usb to the phone...

Removing the battery for 5 minutes (and also the sdcard?) worked for me. Good luck arbitrage.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The post right above yours mentioned a fix.. you can hold x while turning on your phone, and when it reaches the triangle hold the volume up and press the camera button, press wipe data and cache (or factory reset, can't remember what it says), then reboot. If that doesn't work, use rsd lite to flash the 2.0.1 sbf. I am on my phone or id link it for you, but their is a thread stickied on it in the hacking faqs section of the hacking help section called sbf to root and unroot by christim. Follow thiis thread on how to flash the sbf.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

philipbanach

Reaction score
Did anyone figure this out? Or did you all get new phones? The guy at the Verizon store told me I needed a new phone.

arbitrage

Reaction score
Charge your phone, via usb on your pc, overnight. Start charging after you have removed the battery and sdcard and reinstalled the battery alone. Do not attempt to turn on before charging. The led light should stay on while charging almost the entire time.

After you are actually able to load android, if ever, disable debugging in the settings of your phone and the problem should not reccur.

I hope this helps anyone else having this problem because it's scary when you have no insurance or warranty to fall back on. Good luck!

Game4set

Reaction score
I had this problem with my old Droid and it has to do with the keyboard's keys being "stuck" (it doesn't necessarily have to been as stuck but it's electronically stuck) The bootloader screen pops up when you're holding the up button and since the up button is stuck, that screen will always pop up. Sometimes you might get lucky and the keys will become unstuck in which case the phone will turn on and you might notice that half of the keys on the keyboard aren't working and even the volume up key. Basically your best bet is to try to get a replacement.

philipbanach

Reaction score
I forgot to mention, that the reason this occurred is because my phone got wet, although it wasn't submersed in water. The error message reads battery ok connect to usb. I don't know if this changes anything

Reaction score
the 2C.6C Bootloader

I have (had) an original Droid running the 2.0 software update. I started getting this message about 3 months ago, and thought nothing of it because I could turn the phone off and on a couple times and it would boot up (eventually). I was having problems with my music playback today and one suggestion was to power down (typical crap), and my phone wouldnt turn back on at all. After combing the forums, I called verizon because of Kalin Honomichl's post on page 2 of this thread (6-22-10). He is correct.

Verizon told me the same thing about the pins being tweaked, and they are sending me a new phone since I am still under warrenty. My advice is to get a new phone ASAP, and pay the 7 bucks a month for extended warrenty and insurance.

Once you are past 1 year from your date of purchase, the cost to replace is on you.

1ton-k5

Reaction score
droid error screen or whatever it is..

i called verizon also they have no fawking clue what it is and they have never heard of it .... there idiot so they just sent me a new phone lol whateverdancedroid