OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
I'll try recovery now.

What is SBF and how can it help?

Shimmy549

Reaction score
SBF returns your phone to its factory settings. It restores system files and starts you fresh. It's a last-ditch thing. Your phone will be completely wiped but for the things it shipped with and it will no longer be rooted. Of course, if you can't get your phone to boot into the os anymore, it's worth the process of personalizing your phone again.

If you Google "Droid 3" and "SBF," you'll find a couple good links right within the first few search results. The RootzWiki one (second search result, I believe), is the one I recommend. I can find the link and post it if you want.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
You might not even need it. That's what we're hoping.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
If you cannot get into CWR go into the stock recovery (power+x) the press both volume +/- at the same time. Wipe data/factory reset. Make sure you give it plenty of time to boot, it can take a while, some people have said up to 15 minutes.. If that doesnt work THEN I would look into flashing the fastboot files (what everyone is calling .SBF but its really a .xml)

Most rom devs tell you to wipe data/cache prior AND after installing a rom, this allows for a clean boot up and it will rebuild your dalvik cache. If there is left over data/cache it will cause your phone to bootloop (which yours is doing).

[SBF] Droid 3 Fastboot files (5.5.959 and 5.6.890) - RootzWiki

[Recovery] RSD v5.5.0 and 5.5.184 (aka 5.6.890) fastboot partitions/flashable zip - xda-developers

The links above are what you will need if all else fails. I know the instructions are null so if you do end up having to go that route make sure you READ a lot, and ask questions if you don't know what to do.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
OK, I'm heading to bed. Cd posted the RootzWiki link I referred to earlier, so...that's the one. It gives a pretty straight-forward tutorial. If you need to do it, follow the directions and err on the side of caution if you're unsure of something. We'll try to help.

I'll check back when I get up. Good luck.

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
I had to do this on friday, I had boot strap loaded. Unloaded it and installed Safestrap. Safestrap gave me an error during install. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled Boot Strap. When my D3 rebooted it sat at the M logo screen for 20 min and did nothing. I tried everything to get it back and ended up following the RootzWiki link and it worked perfectly. Just remember to be patient, because the first boot after the SBF install can take 5-10 minutes. After it was back I rerooted and then put safestrap on and made a complete backup. So now I am back to normal.

Mungo