Strangest thing...

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
OK, so I decided to uninstall the rom I had to see if it helped with the memory issues I was having. I reloaded a previous nandbackup that I had (when I had first rooted) and somehow this un-rooted my phone. I went back through the rooting process, achieved root and did another nand backup. My root apps (overclock and shoot me) are telling me I'm not rooted.
Where did I go wrong and how do I fix it?

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
So, I guess I've solved my own problem. After several different attempts at making it work I ended up flashing KaosFroyo V32 and it totally solved the memory issue. In fact I've never had so much available memory on my phone. Strange.
I have a huge fondness of HTCSense but in a way weaned myself off of it running LauncherPro before flashing the new ROM.
I was afraid to run any other ROMS because I thought it was going to be a memory hog. I don't know what the difference is but it's a world's amount. It runs smoothly but I'm a little worried about the camera. I use mine several times a day and I've been reading that the camera is buggy. It did freeze up on my this morning (back to school pictures) and required me to remove my battery to get it going again. Hopefully I will find a way around this.
Anyway, I'm happy with my phone, in fact I kinda wish I could smack a few kisses on Kaos.
I guess the lesson would be every ROM is different and it does take flashing a few of them before you find what works for you.