Strange screen popped up during reboot

Diab210

Reaction score
Not sure what to think about this. I turned my phone off and when it turned back on a screen popped up before the Google screen. It had a big 'start' button at the top and an outline of the Android mascot in the center. It wasn't the same as the bootloader Android mascot with an open body. The bottom said install. Pressed the power button and it immediately booted into the black Google screen. Anyone ever see anything like this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

spider210

Reaction score
Not sure what to think about this. I turned my phone off and when it turned back on a screen popped up before the Google screen. It had a big 'start' button at the top and an outline of the Android mascot in the center. It wasn't the same as the bootloader Android mascot with an open body. The bottom said install. Pressed the power button and it immediately booted into the black Google screen. Anyone ever see anything like this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thats the downloader screen volume down and power button

OP
Diab210

Diab210

Reaction score
Ah ha... yep that's the one. I thought I broke something :icon_eek: What is that for?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Ah ha... yep that's the one. I thought I broke something :icon_eek: What is that for?

that's ODIN mode for using the official samsung software for flashing and restoring.. but you would need the samsung flash files to use that.. being that we have a easier method or returning to stock that really isn't anything useful for this phone..

OP
Diab210

Diab210

Reaction score
that's ODIN mode for using the official samsung software for flashing and restoring.. but you would need the samsung flash files to use that.. being that we have a easier method or returning to stock that really isn't anything useful for this phone..

OOO ok. I think I remember reading something about that for the Droid Charge. Thanks for clearing that up!