Straight to main screen

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is a way that I can get from waking up the phone straight to the main menu without having to hit the slider to unlock. Like can I just hit the button on top of phone and it go right to the main page and bypass having to slide the slider? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
many apps in the market (try searching no lock or bypass lock screen) but i cannot recommend one as i do not use one.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I'll check that out thanks. Its just annoying to me really. Kind of pointless. Not sure what the reason for it is.

travisn000

Reaction score
...this is just a guess, but I would bet this could be set up using Tasker. It might be worth asking on their fourms though, as I think it is a paid app and I don't think it could be set up and tested within Google's new 15 minute return / refund window. :angry:

EDIT:
...just to clarify, do you want to go from screen-on to home screen and just turn off the lock? If so there is a setting for this in the Android settings screen (accessed via menu button on home screen).

If you are trying to get from screen-on directly to the app drawer you will most likely need Tasker

Last edited:
OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Exactly. When phone is asleep (screen black) I press the top button and go straight to home screen bypassing having to slide unlock. I finally found that apparently which in turn probably does exactly what you said to do.

cpjr

Reaction score
I'll check that out thanks. Its just annoying to me really. Kind of pointless. Not sure what the reason for it is.

Pointless, not at all.

If you carry your phone in your pocket like alot of us do, its going to get bumped and accidentally turned on from time to time. The lockscreen keeps you from doing "stuff" on your phone when that happens like dialing someone.

Also, if you security conscious, keeping a passcode on the lockscreen keeps other people out.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Makes sense. But I do have a case. Don't put it in my pocket. So for me I guess its ok

travisn000

Reaction score
I keep my lock screen off most of the time as well... it doesn't spend much time in my pocket. On the occaision that I need it locked I toggle the lock on using Extended Controls from the market (its a paid app.. Power Widgets is similar, with less options to customize, but free)