Storm to Moto Droid!

Reaction score
Hey all, just joined a few days ago, my Moto Droid comes in the mail tomorrow morning. I'm sooo excited. I'm ditching my Blackberry Storm and moving to the Droid! Would love to hear from other previous Storm owners on their impressions of the Droid.

BillTheCat

Reaction score
enV2 to Storm to Droid. Droid über alles!!! lol

Seriously, the Droid is light years ahead of the Storm in general ease of use, versatility, etc. The only thing the Storm does better, as with all BB devices, is e-mail & IM's/SMS.

But there are apps for that.

I'd recommend the K-9 Mail Beta from the app store for your non-Google Mail accounts. (And even your Google Mail, if you want to simplify to just one mail app)

And Handcent SMS has made SMS much nicer for me.

And Meebo for IM's is about the best IM platform out there thus far.

With those 3 apps, I don't usually miss the Storm.

Just be sure to marge/transfer all of your contacts from whatever sources, to your Google Mail contacts lsit, and the Droid will automatically fetch them for you. Voila!

Enjoy!

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I too switched from the storm and I cant be happier! I was having soo much problems with the storm, lots of battery pulls and music issues this droid is exactly what I have been wanting and needing You will love the change in just the browser alone this phone is a keeper!

OP
T
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with my contacts?

I have a gmail account. How do I get the BB to sync with it?

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome, hope you like the Droid and your time here. Use the search feature and look into Blackberry or Storm and look at the number of threads. :)

liquidzoo

Reaction score
I went from a Storm 2 to the Droid and haven't looked back. The only thing (and this seems common) that I miss from my Storm is bbm.

OP
T
Reaction score
Just loving this phone! How many applications do most people have? Seems like I already have a lot, but what applications do you guys recommend?