Storing the string of codes to by-pass voice mail prompt for security code?

nateccnn

Reaction score
Many months ago I spotted a thread on this forum with a way to store the security code for voice mail so that it paused after dialing VM, then it sent the security code so that I don't have to manually type the code in. Very useful when using handsfree in the car. I have no idea what to search for in the search box. Anyone know what I'm talkign about? Point me to the thread of givce me some term to search for, please???? When I reset my phone I lost the setup. My CRS gets bad and I can't remember the code every time I get a voice mail. LOL

Nate

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Found it. It does not by-pass the security code. That was why I could nto locate it in the search dialog.

Pause Dialing for Voicemail and Calling Card Dialing
There are two types of pauses available on your phone.

Wait: Inserting a wait will send the next set of numbers when prompted (a pop up will appear on the phone asking if the next digits should be sent, click yes to send the digits).
Pause: Inserting a pause will automatically send the next set of numbers after three seconds. To work with some phone systems, 2-3 pauses may be required.

• Change Input method to Multi-touch Keyboard to input wait and pause commands.

Add a Pause or Wait to a Voicemail Number:

1. In portrait mode, select the Home key
  2. Press Menu
  3. Touch Settings
  4. Touch Call Settings
  5. Touch Voicemail Settings
  6. Touch the Voicemail Number (*86) in the text box (Hold text box until menu appears & change Input method to Multi-touch Keyboard). DO NOT REMOVE THE *86
  7. Using the multi-touch keyboard, Tap the symbol button "*#("

8. Selection for Wait and Pause will appear on the keyboard. Apply as many pause and wait commands as needed:
  9. Tap the 123 button to go back to the numeric keypad and enter additional numbers as needed
  10. Click Done, then OK when complete
Adding pause or wait to a contact or when dialing from the Phone Screen

1. In portrait mode, select the Phone icon to bring up Recent Calls or Dialer. Select Dialer.
  2. Dial the desired number using the keypad
  3. To add a pause or wait, tap Menu

4. Tap Add pause to add pause commands, Tap Add wait to add Wait commands to end of number.
  5. Continue to Add to contacts or dial number
From the Contacts screen

1. Select New contact or locate the existing contact you would like to add a pause/wait command to.
  2. Highlight the phone box (a number may already be there if this is an existing contact), tap and hold it. Change input method to multi-touch keyboard.
  3. Using the multi-touch keyboard, Tap the symbol button "*#("
  4. Selection for Pause or Wait will appear on the keyboard. Apply as many pause and wait commands as needed:
  5. Tap the 123 to go back to the numeric keypad and enter additional numbers as needed
  6. Tap Done when complete