Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
nope, it's a personal problem.

move some of your stuff to the SD card.

JimmyD

Reaction score

do you have a quick tutorial for a non rooted user?

Here's a YouTube video showing exactly how to move apps to your SD card (in a stock non-rooted environment).
Please note that the guy has an HTC Desire phone, but it doesn't matter, the process for the Droid is the same exact way.
Link >>> [video=youtube;RXZqqqgkRdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZqqqgkRdQ]YouTube - HTC Desire - Howto Move Apps to SD Card[/video]

MOVE APPS TO SD CARD STEPS RECAP
1) Menu
2) Settings
3) Applications
4) Manage Applications
5) select an application
6) click on "Move to SD Card" button
7) repeat steps 5 & 6 for each application

Last edited:

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Be careful what apps you move. Widgets usually perform badly if moved to the SD card.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Be careful what apps you move. Widgets usually perform badly if moved to the SD card.

I keep reading that from people...

However; I have moved every app and widget that would allow me to move to the SD card, and I haven't experienced any issues with my widgets!

It could be an issue with certain widgets versus others of course.

Audiophobe

Reaction score

do you have a quick tutorial for a non rooted user?

Here's a YouTube video showing exactly how to move apps to your SD card (in a stock non-rooted environment).
Please note that the guy has an HTC Desire phone, but it doesn't matter, the process for the Droid is the same exact way.
Link >>> [video=youtube;RXZqqqgkRdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZqqqgkRdQ"]YouTube - HTC Desire - Howto Move Apps to SD Card[/video]

MOVE APPS TO SD CARD STEPS RECAP
1) Menu
2) Settings
3) Applications
4) Manage Applications
5) select an application
6) click on "Move to SD Card" button
7) repeat steps 5 & 6 for each application

There's no "Move to SD Card" button on my Droid when I go through the above steps.

JimmyD

Reaction score
There's no "Move to SD Card" button on my Droid when I go through the above steps.

Keep in mind that this option is only available under the following conditions:

1) You have Froyo installed (version 2.2 of the Android OS)
2) The app that you are trying to move to SD has that capability programmed into it!

In other words, this feature is ultimately enabled by the APPLICATION. The developer must program this feature into it.

I have over 100 apps downloaded onto my Droid; however, I would venture a guess that only about 1/3 (or maybe only 1/4!) of those apps have the ability (the Move to SD card button) available.

As more time goes by, more and more apps will be updated to have this feature enabled.

OP
D

Droooiiid

Reaction score

same here. didn't get the froyo OTA update yet.

Audiophobe

Reaction score
A few questions (confusion) about this topic:
-Why did I get the "low on space" message now? I haven't added a new app in the past couple of days. When I check "SD Card and Storage" the info is:
- SD Card- Total Space: 14.83GB
Available Space: 14.18GB
-Internal Phone Storage- Available Space: 26.00MB
Now I get the audible "Droid" message that my text space is full.
I deleted many text, email, and voice messages (Very tedious!) just to open space and rebooted and I still get the same messages. I think this problem is not available space but I have no idea what, why, and why now.
-If changing to Froyo, which I believe is the new firmware upgrade would help I would do it if I knew how but I don't know why it would because there's no reason that the current firmware should crap out suddenly and I have heard that the upgrade still has bugs (otherwise it would be available to alof us).
Can anyone figure out what my problem is (without being too techy)?
BTW, the phone seems to be working fine except for these messages.
Thanks