Stopped receiving my Comcast email on my Droid

elainmir

Reaction score
I only set up the gmail because my rep at Verizon said I had to, I've used a comcast email address for years and suddenly my Motorola Droid stopped receiving incoming mail and I have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone help me?

STeeLeRMaN

Reaction score
I only set up the gmail because my rep at Verizon said I had to, I've used a comcast email address for years and suddenly my Motorola Droid stopped receiving incoming mail and I have no idea how to fix it. Can anyone help me?

I have my Comcast e-mail on my phone also. Go to your Comcast account settings on your phone and check your incoming server settings. Check that your username and password are correct first. Your username won't contain "@comcast.net". Your pop3 server setting should be mail.comcast.net and your port should be 995.

I'm still kinda a newbie so maybe one of the more experienced members can help you further. :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the gmail app, k9 email, or stock "Email" app?

Are you using a task killer? Are you using wifi?

mantis5

Reaction score
Welcome, elainmir. :)

I am assuming you are using the stock Android email client:

There are known issues with this client, and the one you report is one of them. I have the same issue.

You can restart the phone, and this will cause the email to sync again temporarily; however, usually after a day or two it stops syncing again.

You can try using the K-9 email client from the market. Some people say it works better, others say it doesn't solve the issue and/or is buggy in other ways.

I gave up on the email clients and now go to m.comcast.net via the browser. This has the advantage of allowing you to delete unwanted emails from the server. However, it isn't automatic, you have to remember to go there.

Wish I had a better solution for us, maybe someone else will.

Edited to add: many people set up their other email accounts to forward to their gmail account so as to use the gmail client, which works much better. I chose not to do this, but you may consider it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well i just have to be a smart a"" and say why the heck would you use your isps email service? I work for an isp and that is exactly what they want you to do so you stay with them as your provider. I used to get in trouble for telling people not to use our email and to sign up for and online email account, and i recommend that you think about trying to switch to an online service as well.

But to fix your problem your settings should be,

Comcast incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
Comcast outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
Comcast news server: newsgroups.comcast.net

If that doesn't work try deleting the account and re entering these settings.
And if that doesnt work let me know and i will do some research for you.

Last edited:
OP
E

elainmir

Reaction score
I do have wifi but being a total newb here I am still not sure of how everything works or syncs together.I did install the task killer because the verizon rep recommended it, he downloaded it in fact. And yes being total new I'm going to need to know how to check the comcast settings. I'm in the weeds here guys. I came from years of using a Blackberry which I detested, I love the Droid but have had some issues with it due to being a Newb. Thanks for all the help so far. You guys are great.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do have wifi but being a total newb here I am still not sure of how everything works or syncs together.I did install the task killer because the verizon rep recommended it, he downloaded it in fact. And yes being total new I'm going to need to know how to check the comcast settings. I'm in the weeds here guys. I came from years of using a Blackberry which I detested, I love the Droid but have had some issues with it due to being a Newb. Thanks for all the help so far. You guys are great.

1) Uninstall the task killer
2) Have you received any email on the droid? Did it work and then stop? Never worked?
3) I guess you are using the stock email app. Do you click on the white and yellow icon called "Email"? You should download K9 from the market.

OP
E

elainmir

Reaction score
I did receive email on the droid from the time I got it until a week or so ago. But the strange thing is recently it started to say DROID every time I received an email, it did NOT do that previously. I need to know more about this K9 app, what is it and what does it do?? You guys are so helpful I'm just such a tech newb, I appreciate the help.