stop complaining about MP on cameras

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I posted picture quality comparisons of the G-Nex(5mp) vs iPhone 4S(8mp) in the "The disappointment" thread. There is definitely a quality difference and guess what camera won? So the more MPs a camera has doesn't guarantee a better quality picture.

Vakharn

Reaction score
There is another reason why more megapixels is not necessarily a good thing. Assuming you have two sensors of the same size, one with a higher megapixel count than the other, the lower megapixel sensor will actually perform *BETTER* in low light situations than the higher megapixel sensor because it's capturing more light per pixel.

Insidious

Reaction score
Again just want to reiderate that you can have an incredible sensor and lens on and it only be 5 megapixels. Megapixels is the size of the image itself. The only reason you will ever need an 8 mp camera is if you want to blow up pictures real big and print them. I have never once printed a picture from my phone. Also Android automatically resizes them when you send them so you're not even getting the full image size.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums