Stop broswer window open when plugging phone into PC?

Wraith

Reaction score
Do I have to root to stop this or what? Very anoying....stupid Vcast window or something opens up everytime I plug my phone in to recharge.

Also, I am noticing my phone is taking about 5 hours to recharge on USB port on PC, and about 1.5 hrs on wall wart. Is this normal? My droid recharged much faster.

Thanks in advance.

bradleonard

Reaction score
The Droid charges faster than the DX2 in every scenario. In general, all devices will charge slower on a USB port of a computer vs. a USB wall charger. Wall chargers are capable of much greater amperage than a USB port therefore a wall charger is faster in most cases.

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
Just wondering why the Droid charged faster. The battery was not that much smaller.
Droid : 1400mAh, X2 1540mAh. The X2 seems to take 2x as long, per it's name. :)

Wall charging being slower makes sense based on USB 1.0, but USB 2.0 specs should be comparable at 1.8A. I can't imagine this thing pulling more than 1A, but I have not measured it.

Still want to get rid of that browser screen when I plug the thing in.....arrrrrr.

mattman5000

Reaction score
After you connect the phone, there should be a Motorloa M icon in the system tray in the lower right of the PC screen. If you right-click on that, there is a menu option "When device connects...". Set it the "Do Nothing".

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
Yup. That did it.

Matt, you get my "You da man" award today. Thanks

Snow02

Reaction score
Just wondering why the Droid charged faster. The battery was not that much smaller.
Droid : 1400mAh, X2 1540mAh. The X2 seems to take 2x as long, per it's name. :)

Wall charging being slower makes sense based on USB 1.0, but USB 2.0 specs should be comparable at 1.8A. I can't imagine this thing pulling more than 1A, but I have not measured it.

Still want to get rid of that browser screen when I plug the thing in.....arrrrrr.

The X2 uses more juice than the og, so if using the same charger, less current is available to charge the battery. That should be about the only difference, however it's definitely possible the charging logic is different as well.

And USB spec is irrelevant for wall charging. For PC charging, most USB ports max out at 0.5A.

OP
Wraith

Wraith

Reaction score
I should have stated Wall charging being FASTER makes sense comapred to USB. Wall charging is relevant for comparison. Most ports I use are probably 1.0, but i wonder what a 2.0 might do.

Anyhow, like I said, with such a small battery difference just a big difference in charge times. But also, my og was getting old so battery was prob not carrying as much charge (??). Maybe that affects charge time as well?

Even in the car (lower charge rate) I notice a big difference, since I am using it while charging. I could use my og and get full charge in 40 min drive while using it. The X2 is lucky to get 1/2 on 40 min ride, usually about 30%.