stolen Galaxy S3

rlynne

Reaction score
Somebody stole my galaxy! How do I get it back? Can I at least access my pictures some how? or retrieve my contacts? help!? i've tried downloading plan b but its not sending me any emails.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This is one of the very few scenarios where you might be able to talk them into using the phone's GPS to find the phone. They don't always do it, but I have heard of it. It probably will involve the police though.

Take this as a lesson. I highly recommend an app called SeekDroid. There are others, but I've used this one for years. It allows you to lock down your phone, wipe all data, hide data, factory data reset, as well as a GPS tracker so you can find it on your own, and several other nifty features. Since I've been using for awhile I get e-mails asking me to participate in betas or feedback, which goes to show they really do pay attention to their customer base and do what they can to honor that.

Wopback

Reaction score
That sucks!!! K1 is right, you may be able to do something with your GPS.

On your next phone try "got ya", it takes a pic of the person trying to unlock your phone, post their pic on Facebook, and sends you an email on phones location.

NBC TV had a story about this app, because it caught a crook.....I have it and have enjoyed people trying to open my phone when I'm not around. Their dumb look is on my FB...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wJWQix-Hnyg&desktop_uri=/watch?v=wJWQix-Hnyg

cris

Reaction score
i just bought the gotya app and wow, it is cool, after setting up a password and email and facebook, i acted like i was a snooper and put in the wrong password 5 times. and it even bricked it until i confirmed my google account info that i had set it up with.

after about 5-10 minutes my facebook started blowing up with pictures of me saying gotya has recorded someone snooping on your device., even sent me emails too.

im impressed and i think it was worth the $1.99 if it will save me a $500 phone.

Wopback

Reaction score
cris said:
i just bought the gotya app and wow, it is cool, after setting up a password and email and facebook, i acted like i was a snooper and put in the wrong password 5 times. and it even bricked it until i confirmed my google account info that i had set it up with.

after about 5-10 minutes my facebook started blowing up with pictures of me saying gotya has recorded someone snooping on your device., even sent me emails too.

im impressed and i think it was worth the $1.99 if it will save me a $500 phone.

I use to like leaving it on my desk at work and catching friends who would try to prank my phone.

Now everyone knows I have it......they won't touch it...lol

cris

Reaction score
I use to like leaving it on my desk at work and catching friends who would try to prank my phone.

Now everyone knows I have it......they won't touch it...lol

that sounds like fun!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Update us!! Was it some random guy and are you getting pictures of him? Or just sitting somewhere?? Or blank??