Stock (unrooted) Pro increasingly non-responsive

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Holy sweet apps batman. If I could only have that many on my OG! Ha.

I think jp is right. Watchdog would be able to help you nail down whether an app is requesting resources all the time.

Thanks - will try Watchdog. More like holy dork apps, Batman! Would love to delete the pre-loaded apps (I know, I could root....still leery of that...). Broke away from Blackberry device, but not BB user habits!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

StingRay

Reaction score
jp and guidot are right...monitor your apps and the background usage that goes on with them....watchdog can do that for you...

I didn't see anything in your list, other than the number, that jumped out as a potential problem, but apps like the weather apps or anything running in the background or monitoring your device have a tendency to squeeze performance...you've probably already done this, but removing an app and observing the result is probably the best way to locate the culprit....

good luck!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Holy sweet apps batman. If I could only have that many on my OG! Ha.

I think jp is right. Watchdog would be able to help you nail down whether an app is requesting resources all the time.

Thanks - will try Watchdog. More like holy dork apps, Batman! Would love to delete the pre-loaded apps (I know, I could root....still leery of that...). Broke away from Blackberry device, but not BB user habits!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums
rg...if you are relying on your phone as your primary "link" to the outside world and you don't have wifi at home then all the more reason do get rid of apps that you may have on the phone "just because you can and they're free". You can "push" only so much data through 3g...and the weaker your signal the less you can "push" through that straw. If you have apps that you don't need or use I recommend you uninstall them. If you have apps that are "qute" and that is the only reason you have them...get rid of them too. Case in point: my youngest son has a Droid X...powerful phone. He was complaining about all the things you are having issues with. If there was an app for something, he had it and had all of them running in the back ground...facebook, fm radio, myspace, pandora, all kinds of news/weather/sports feeds, two different weather apps...wifi was on, bluetooth was on, gps was on...if it ran it was running. I convinced him to uninstall any app that he had downloaded that he didn't need or use at least once a day. Made him pick one weather app, one radio app, one social networking app and one email app and keyboard app. Turned off wifi, bluetooth, and gps unless actively using one of them. He now gets 24 hours out of his battery and hasn't had a problem since...and it's been 4 months. I can't tell which apps were causing the problems...but "keep it simple stupid" worked for him.