Stock R2D2 Image

sedo1800

Reaction score
Hi, and thanks in advance for the help. I rooted and tried out the fission mod. I used Titanium backup thinking I was making a backup image. I want to go back to the stock R2D2 rom/image but cant get there with titanium. I tried using some of the leaked backup images but to no aval. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a stock r2d2 image I can use with the droid 2 bootstrapper or simliar? I have been hunting around this and other forums for hours looking. Thanks!

kpkbamafan

Reaction score
Hi, I also need the stock r2-d2 image if anyone has it. Please let me know if u found a solution to ur problem

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure there is no R2D2 SBF, and that's why they say to make a full backup of your setup before you try any other ROMs. I think you have to use the regular D2 SBF.

docfong

Reaction score
There is a R2D2 sbf. I used it to restore mine before I returned it for warranty swap because my keyboard was shot

outlaw.99

Reaction score
Mine now thinks its a regular D2.. Will it get the updates that the D2 does, or will the serial tell VZW its a R2D2 ??

Reaction score
Surely someone, somewhere has it. I find it hard to believe that my R2 is stuck rooted, without sbf'ing to the Droid 2.

crashN2u

Reaction score
Mine now thinks its a regular D2.. Will it get the updates that the D2 does, or will the serial tell VZW its a R2D2 ??

While the serial will tag the phone as an R2D2 D2, there's no difference between a D2 and an R2D2 D2 other than the star wars enhancements.

Whenever I can get some free time, I will try to create an image based on what was returned to me by Motorola. The only difference from the original image is 3g hotspot is enabled for free.