Stock music app and culling the chaff

kevinkar

Reaction score
When I use the stock music app, it lists out all the stupid background music in the games installations such as Need For Speed - Shift and The Sims. Needless to say, I don't listen to that crappy background music in the games much less on my own time yet I don't see a way to stop the music app from listing them in addition to the actual music I have on the Droid X.

Any way to fix this in the stock app?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you can try going into the folders that the game audio is in and add a file ".nomedia"

don't include the quotations, it is PERIOD(.)nomedia

this will stop the music player from listing any files in the folder... also this works to hide folders from the stock photo gallery.

FergatROn

Reaction score
That's a pretty handy trick. I can probably get my podcasts to stop loading in the stock media app as well! :D

turdbogls

Reaction score
also, if you are willing to try other music players, you can usually point them to a folder with your music in it,and it will not load anything outside of those folder. i know power amp does this ($5) but there has to be a free one that does it as well.

OP
kevinkar

kevinkar

Reaction score
you can try going into the folders that the game audio is in and add a file ".nomedia"
I had such high hopes for this but it did not work for me! I rebooted, cleared out the music app's data from the application manager, and crossed my fingers. Unfortunately, it still shows the music files in the game directories. Maybe I can place .nomedia in a folder higher up?