Stock froyo rom leaked!!!

ChugIt

Reaction score
Verizon had no droids in stock when I called them for replacement, so I settled on the Incredible.

If Verizon told you they were out of Droids the rep lied to you. My wife sends out replacement Droids every day as a Verizon tech. They have plenty of replacement Droids certified like new in stock. I'd be calling back personally.

Wow you just made an uneducated and direct statement didn't you? Do you really think Verizon WANTS to send this guy an Incredible over the Droid? Yes they actually are EXTREMELY low/out of replacement Moto droids! My cousin called in to order a replacement the other day they sent her one the z key was bad she called back they where out. The rep explained that stock is low and keeps going in and out of stock for the Droid FRU.

No, I made an educated statement. Call *611 and ask them (anyone who doubts me). I think many people are mistaking warranty and insurance claims. They have Droids at Verizon, my wife sends them out all the time.

maronn

Reaction score
If Verizon told you they were out of Droids the rep lied to you. My wife sends out replacement Droids every day as a Verizon tech. They have plenty of replacement Droids certified like new in stock. I'd be calling back personally.

Wow you just made an uneducated and direct statement didn't you? Do you really think Verizon WANTS to send this guy an Incredible over the Droid? Yes they actually are EXTREMELY low/out of replacement Moto droids! My cousin called in to order a replacement the other day they sent her one the z key was bad she called back they where out. The rep explained that stock is low and keeps going in and out of stock for the Droid FRU.

No, I made an educated statement. Call *611 and ask them (anyone who doubts me). I think many people are mistaking warranty and insurance claims. They have Droids at Verizon, my wife sends them out all the time.

Who cares! Besides being a DINC. What does any of this have to do with the leaked ROM? Actually don't answer that.

butterfras

Reaction score
Has anybody else had problems with GPS with this ROM? I can't get it to work.

lizm

Reaction score
I'm considering rooting it and installing this rom so that I can get wifi tethering again.

Just curious...what advantage does this have over using PDANet, except that I suppose if it's wifi it can allow more than one device to access it at once?

I used PDANet to do some work on my laptop on a trip recently and was very happy with it.

removed

Reaction score
Anyone else have any stability issues? It seems that apps crash more often, especially web browser.

stevevetter

Reaction score
As always a huge hats off to the crew at xda-developers. I've been the fortunate benefactor of their efforts since.... well having been an original MDA owner (Siemens SX-56).

Anyway my real question is, does anyone have an educated eta on the OTA of Froyo? If it's close enough, I'd rather not have to wipe my phone to get it and could wait some weeks. If we're talking Oct./Nov. , that's another story.

Any clue?

butterfras

Reaction score
my GPS works now. I just had to unroot, install the baseband update, re-root and re-load the rom. So far it seems more stable too.

Kevinb84

Reaction score
Wifi Tether working for everyone on this rom? mine only turns of for 3 seconds and then when I connect it says limited or no connectivity :(

joezek

Reaction score
If I do this update and/or root my phone, will my warranty be voided? Is it reversible?