Stock froyo rom leaked!!!

nfcrockett

Reaction score
Everything functioning properly for me as well. Can' t wait for CM6 to be updated!!!

cyb3rtr0n

Reaction score
I bricked my moto droid a couple days ago when I took it kayaking. I had it in a drysack, but took it out a couple times to take pictures, and text. I guess the salt water humidity took its toll on it.

I had rooted my droid since owning it.

Verizon had no droids in stock when I called them for replacement, so I settled on the Incredible.

I'm considering rooting it and installing this rom so that I can get wifi tethering again.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Verizon had no droids in stock when I called them for replacement, so I settled on the Incredible.

If Verizon told you they were out of Droids the rep lied to you. My wife sends out replacement Droids every day as a Verizon tech. They have plenty of replacement Droids certified like new in stock. I'd be calling back personally.

cyb3rtr0n

Reaction score
I called them yesterday morning. He put me on hold a couple minuted and said they didnt have them in inventory. If i wanted a replacement at that time he could send me an the incredible. I'd figure they would have rather send me the moto droid because with the incredible they also sent a NIB battery and back panel, both with price stickers on them.

I think the cust service rep hooked me up actually, *speaking from a non-rooted point of view*

I got the Incredible today, fast cust service.

p.s. its the 2nd moto droid I had replaced in the last two months. both died after kayaking: kept in dry sack, except to take a few pictures occasionally, and send a few texts while drifting.

falkien

Reaction score
I called them yesterday morning. He put me on hold a couple minuted and said they didnt have them in inventory. If i wanted a replacement at that time he could send me an the incredible. I'd figure they would have rather send me the moto droid because with the incredible they also sent a NIB battery and back panel, both with price stickers on them.

I think the cust service rep hooked me up actually, *speaking from a non-rooted point of view*

I got the Incredible today, fast cust service.

p.s. its the 2nd moto droid I had replaced in the last two months. both died after kayaking: kept in dry sack, except to take a few pictures occasionally, and send a few texts while drifting.

Did you get your incredible from Assurion? I am in the same situation, and I am waiting for them to come off of "backorder". I have read in several different websites that the moto droid is out everywhere.

mejdam

Reaction score
For this ROM it appears you need the older version of wireless tether from google wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk

wireless_tether_2_0_2.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.2 - Project Hosting on Google Code

I tried wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre4.apk and wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre3.apk, neither of them would allow my laptop to recognize the phone as a WIFI access point.

run this update
SUCCESS! Wireless tether in AP Mode (NOT ad-hoc) + WPA2 Encryption - xda-developers

it should allow wifitether

givmedew

Reaction score

If Verizon told you they were out of Droids the rep lied to you. My wife sends out replacement Droids every day as a Verizon tech. They have plenty of replacement Droids certified like new in stock. I'd be calling back personally.

Wow you just made an uneducated and direct statement didn't you? Do you really think Verizon WANTS to send this guy an Incredible over the Droid? Yes they actually are EXTREMELY low/out of replacement Moto droids! My cousin called in to order a replacement the other day they sent her one the z key was bad she called back they where out. The rep explained that stock is low and keeps going in and out of stock for the Droid FRU.

Afredo

Reaction score
Need to go back to unrooted 2.1

Had my Incredible rooted; followed the instructions to unroot, then updated my Radio, then re-rooted and updated to the leaked Froyo OTA rom. I'm having some issues and need to go back to stock 2.1, non-rooted, complete factory settings. how do I do that?

mach330

Reaction score
finally installed this last night. pretty sweet. ran some linpack and quadrant benchmarks. went from 7-8mflops on linpack to 37-39mflops. quadrant i never tried with pre 2.2. I scored 1204 on quadrant.

everything does seem a bit faster. not a lot faster, but noticeable faster especially when going from apps to apps. i thought i lost my swype (and was crying pretty hard last night). i had to install it by the email (original beta method) and that worked so i'm a happy camper. a couple of questions:

- i was using apps2sd to xfer apps to sd. i thought we could use sd card for apps now on froyo. what setting (and where) am i missing?
-i noticed that for browsing and home screen, i can rotate the screen either way, but not youtube or watching videos. i thought we could rotate screen both ways regardless of what apps? i was hoping to do youtube and videos be able to rotate as well.

-how do you enable/disable auto update on market? can't figure this out.

gotta try wifi tether tonight.