Stock email app with hotmail, seems black emails.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I respond to email using the stock email app in hotmail, apparently a blank email is sent. If I check the sent mail folder the response is in the email as expected. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

jtpowell

Reaction score
When I respond to email using the stock email app in hotmail, apparently a black email is sent. If I check the sent mail folder the response is in the email as expected. Anyone else experiencing this?

Save yourself trouble and use the Hotmail app which also syncs contacts and calendar.

LogInName

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my phone. Once I downloaded the Hotmail app it fixed everything.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem on my phone. Once I downloaded the Hotmail app it fixed everything.

I would argue that this is more of a workaround rather than a fix. A fix would be an update to the stock app from Motorola that would fix this issue. I too have downloaded and installed the Hotmail app, and then went into the stock app and removed my Hotmail account. Yes that works but it should be unnecessary.

And I am not complaining. :) I am simply saying that this should be fixed.

luvarabhorse

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to essentially "copy" the sent emails text that are forever lost in my phone? My phone was having the same issue sending blank emails, but the text appears in the sent outbox. Anyone have any ideas?

shellymc13

Reaction score
When I respond to email using the stock email app in hotmail, apparently a blank email is sent. If I check the sent mail folder the response is in the email as expected. Anyone else experiencing this?

Me too

jrpbulk

Reaction score
Me too

I have the same problem. My hotmail e-mails get through but to each person but only the header and subject line. I receive fine. My gmail works fine. I spent 30 minutes with tier 2 support. It appears this problem is starting to recognized by them. He claimed they are working on a fix that would be pushed out.

The work around I was given was to use the hotmail app from the Market.

lucky472

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and did a quick search but didn't see anything posted although I will admit I didn't put fourth much effort. I bought a new droid razr and added 2 of my hotmail accounts and also my yahoo email account. I can receive and view all emails with no problem. I've sent a few emails for all 3 accounts and have been told that there is not content (message field blank) and that all they can see if the subject line. I went to the verizon store and at they point they didn't know anything about this, but I did send the associate a test and it was verified. They proceeded to wipe everything out and started me from ground zero again. This was frustrating to say the least. As this was getting done the associate used his razr and hotmail account and sent himself an email and the same thing happened to him. We rebooted mine and set it up again. At this point we tested it again and it had the same error. We then installed the hotmail application which added another icon and this worked at first, but its still a hassle to have to use another application. Now I just tried it again with the new application and I'm having the same issue again. Is this common and what's the fix. I appreciate any and all help. I love the phone otherwise but this is frustrating especially since I had to start from ground zero again and it's still not fixed.​

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How do you have hotmail added? Is it by Exchange? I have my Live account on my Bionic and the only issue I have is new emails don't get marked as read over server end.

lucky472

Reaction score
My email still doesnt work. It still sends blank emails. If I go into my sent folder it shows content, but it's blank when you view it. This is the same with both my stock email app and also the new hotmail app (shows a mailbox with the words messaging icon). It's starting to piss me off and I would love some help from someone who has a razr and knows what I'm talking about

lohnes

Reaction score

Just got off marathon support call with Level 2 Moto - - - seems fixed for me now by the following: Settings....Accounts...Add account...
Add hotmail to the stock email app as a 'corporate sync' type of email. Enter your 'Username' as your full hotmail email address (not just your short nickname) - leave Domain and Proxy alone and make Server = m.hotmail.com. Keep the 'use secure connection' box checked. We just did this and tested a couple emails and they are NO LONGER BLANK IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL! Woo-hoo! Life is good.

DestynPtr

Reaction score
Life saver. Or should I say, droid saver. They should pay you for this... Thanks

sixpenney

Reaction score
sixpenney

Okay this fix works now can send emails. Have two other questions you might be able to answer. When i used MSN I could access all emails on my couputer, with this program can only view thw last twelve, know of a fix?
Also this program went into my computer contacts and loaded some onto my phone. It did pick and choose them. All have a number in the email address. The rest it did not touch.
Thank you

akiles

Reaction score
I have not experienced that problem. Recently I've been using the Hotmail app which is much better, like JTP said.
The only thing I find annoying is the lack of customization settigns for sounds. Maybe MSFT is trying to cover their asses from a lawsuit?

If you want push and html, you have to set up your hotmail/live/msn account as corporate sync.
The settigns are as folllows:
  • server: m.hotmail.com
  • use secure connection: yes
  • username*: "\" followed by your full email address -ie: "\[email protected]"
  • Password: [enter yours here]
You may not need the "\" -I've always had to use this in my moto phones, but don't recall if I had to use this on the HTCs, samsungs and LGs I've messed with.

Save yourself trouble and use the Hotmail app which also syncs contacts and calendar.

Last edited: