Stock Droid X Gingerbread to Liberty, a few questions

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I am going to be buying a wifi Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 this weekend. Right now I am on stock Droid X Gingerbread from Moto/VZW and I am interested in running this ROM again, but more interested in a working Wireless Tether for my tablet.

I am leaning towards sticking with Liberty Rom 2.0.1, but would love a Liberty GB with working wireless tether. Is this possible, or would my best course of action be to SBF back to stock 2.2, root and install Liberty 2.0.1?

Thanks

Reaction score
I am going to be buying a wifi Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 this weekend. Right now I am on stock Droid X Gingerbread from Moto/VZW and I am interested in running this ROM again, but more interested in a working Wireless Tether for my tablet.

I am leaning towards sticking with Liberty Rom 2.0.1, but would love a Liberty GB with working wireless tether. Is this possible, or would my best course of action be to SBF back to stock 2.2, root and install Liberty 2.0.1?

Thanks

Yeah it's possible. You'll need this:
android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

You'll run that program, then switch the device-profile to Motorola Droid X (CDMA) in the settings, then you'll do a search for this file:

TBH_DX_Tether_Patch_1.0.zip

You'll find there are many places to get it from Google. You'll flash that in CWM, and then your tether should be good to go.