Stock Corporate Exchange Email Question

Reaction score
Is there a way to not force a screen lock pin number? Its so annoying. Id love a work around. My outlook is locked down with no chance of changing policies. Any ideas?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to not force a screen lock pin number? Its so annoying. Id love a work around. My outlook is locked down with no chance of changing policies. Any ideas?

Nope, sorry you're SOL unless there's something new (i.e. last few weeks) that I haven't seen. That issue is one of the reasons I switched to TouchDown. In all honesty if you need exchange support you should try TouchDown. It is by far the best exchange client I've tried on Android and well worth the $$ (there's a 30-day free trial). It meets ALL exchange security requirements (something K-9 and others don't do) but does NOT lock your 'phone' just the app (i.e. you'll have to enter a pin to use the app and see your emails, calendar ect.). Give it a try, you won't be disappointed (it's the closest thing to OutLook you'll find on Android, even allows you utilize folders and stuff that the stock client won't/wouldn't do).

finik21

Reaction score
There is another alternative to TouchDown, try Email+, it may be exactly what you have been looking for:
Email+ is a fully featured E-Mail application based on Gingerbread 2.3.7. While being almost identical to the standard Android Email application, and while maintaining the exact same look and feel you are already used to, it allows you to use your Exchange or ActiveSync accounts (mail, calendar, contacts) without forcing you to enable the annoying pin code or password.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.finik.email