Still have headphone jack static...

DB_Tae

Reaction score
That annoying high-pitched noise that could be heard when you plug in headphones is still here....I was so happy when it was fixed with an update that came a long time ago. Is there anyway to fix it? Really don't understand how ICS could bring back such an annoying bug.

donzz

Reaction score
Maybe it's just your phone? I listen to music on my phone everyday while on the treadmill. I don't hear any high pitched noise.

deduct

Reaction score
You could try a factory reset or fxz 246. Not sure if it will help with it however as I've never had that particular problem

lykofos

Reaction score
I had the return of the static issue too whne I upgraded to ICS when it came out. PhontomF is right, moto pretty much dropped the ball and then decided to leave the court. We're pretty much screwed b/c I don't foresee them releasing any more updates or fixes for the bionic.

deduct

Reaction score
Actually bionic is going to get jelly bean this year so we are not hung out to dry yet.

Ponyboy25

Reaction score
I've got that annoying static too. I get around this by using an inline volume control when listening with headphones: I turn up the volume on the phone and turn down the volume using the control.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I had the same static return after the update. About two weeks ago, my headphone jack stopped working completely. I went to the Verizon store to see about a fix, but they said I'd have to replace the phone; I didn't want to go through that hassle. Instead, the sales person recommended purchasing a bluetooth headset. Since I run, I went with the LG HBS-700. A Bluetooth headset is a great work-around for a bad headphone jack and it eliminates the static sound.

lg-HBS-700-earbudsout-lg.jpg

martinfg

Reaction score
I assume those having headphone jack issues have tried turning off audio effects? System Settings->Sound->wired stereo devices->uncheck enable audio effects.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums