still can't mount sd card.

Derekweb

Reaction score
First time I plugged in as usb i saw 3 separate drive letters. After the Verizon vcast sw loaded, I uninstalled it. Now I only see the device, but no sd card, only

Mot
-albums
-dcim
-lost.dir
-playlist

I can see my sd and sd-ext from astro file manager, so it is there, but will not mount.

Any ideas?

strunker

Reaction score
First time I plugged in as usb i saw 3 separate drive letters. After the Verizon vcast sw loaded, I uninstalled it. Now I only see the device, but no sd card, only

Mot
-albums
-dcim
-lost.dir
-playlist

I can see my sd and sd-ext from astro file manager, so it is there, but will not mount.

Any ideas?

Can you see the phone in device manager.. If so, uninstall it, and then unplug the phone.

Here is a link to the 32 bit version of motorola drivers:

Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_5.2.0_32bit.msi

And the 64 bit version:

Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_5.2.0_64bit.msi

Install which ever you need, then plug the phone in again. Will likely solve the issue.

strunker

Reaction score
Also,

Make sure you're using the USB cable that came with the Bionic.

I have used a generic branded one, and the one for my old incredible (since its longer than the one moto bundled, its like a cable for midgets the one they gave with this thing) and I havent had a problem.

You could also try swapping in a different micro sd, I dont think its a problem with the sd card though. Probably a driver issue related the crap verizon software.

OP
D

Derekweb

Reaction score
Thanks. I can see one drive, and that seems to be the external sd card. I can move my music there. I am not rooted so I don't need to mess with the file system on the box.