Stereo Bluetooth and audiobooks

Agunat

Reaction score
I use my phone (Samsung Note 3) to listen to audio books I have downloaded from the public library. I have been using LG stereo Bluetooth headsets (LBT700 series) to listen to the books with. Everything works fine EXCEPT the button to stop and restart the playback does nothing about 85% of the time (sometimes it will work). After trying several support options over a period of time I found a service rep at LG that told me that was a reported problem and I should not expect the LG headsets to preform this function on an audio book. Today I went out and bought a Motorola BUDS stereo Bluetooth headset and it is doing the same thing! Does anyone know of this problem? Is there a work-around? Again, this is with audio books I'm talking about NOT music playback. And only the stop/start button is giving me this problem, everything else with both the LG and Motorola headsets work fine. HELP PLEASE

Thanks in advance... Bob

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beats Studio Wireless Series
While it'll cost you a hefty $380, the Beats Studio Wireless is an excellent wireless Bluetooth headphone.

Bose SoundLink Bluetooth On-Ear Headphone
The Bose SoundLink Bluetooth On-Ear is pricey, but it's also one of the best -- if not the best -- on-ear wireless headphones to date.

Sony MDR10RBT
The Sony MDR-10RBT gets you about 75 percent of the way to the Beats Studio Wireless for a lot less money.

Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
Despite a few question marks and a high price, the Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Bluetooth Headphones are a very good-sounding Bluetooth pair that's lightweight and very comfortable to wear.

Parrot Zik 2.0
Sporting impressive design and solid sound, Parrot's feature-packed and pricey Zik 2.0 wireless headphones will wow some users but intimidate others.

Sol Republic Shadow Wireless
The Sol Republic Shadow Wireless headphones deliver solid Bluetooth sound for a great price.

LG Tone Infinim (HBS-900)
It's more expensive than other LG Tone stereo Bluetooth headsets, but the retractable earbud feature is nifty and will be worth the extra cost for a lot of people.

Jabra Revo Wireless
Despite some small flaws in sound quality and a somewhat high price, superior comfort and design help the Revo Wireless distinguish itself from its Bluetooth headphone competitors.

Beats Solo2 Wireless
Meet the Beats Solo2 Wireless, the smaller, on-ear version of the Beats Studio Wireless Bluetooth headphone that retails for $299.95 and comes in multiple colors.

Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
While it's a bit overpriced, the Beats Powerbeats 2 Wireless is among the best wireless sports earphones.

Harman Kardon Soho Wireless
Harman Kardon's well-built and compact Soho Wireless is a solid on-ear Bluetooth headphone that doesn't quite surpass competing models from Bose and Beats.
Do those work for play/pause on audio books?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use my phone (Samsung Note 3) to listen to audio books I have downloaded from the public library. I have been using LG stereo Bluetooth headsets (LBT700 series) to listen to the books with. Everything works fine EXCEPT the button to stop and restart the playback does nothing about 85% of the time (sometimes it will work). After trying several support options over a period of time I found a service rep at LG that told me that was a reported problem and I should not expect the LG headsets to preform this function on an audio book. Today I went out and bought a Motorola BUDS stereo Bluetooth headset and it is doing the same thing! Does anyone know of this problem? Is there a work-around? Again, this is with audio books I'm talking about NOT music playback. And only the stop/start button is giving me this problem, everything else with both the LG and Motorola headsets work fine. HELP PLEASE

Thanks in advance... Bob
What is playing back the audio? Is there a way to get it them to play through your music player if that's not what you're using now ? I found when I download sermons from my pastor using my music player (Power Amp) works best but I'm not sure how that'd work with audio books