Droid 1 bluetooth solution for music

trowa

Reaction score
So I love my droid and listening to music with it. If I use bluetooth headset it is fine. My problem I have is with any wired headphones. I though my wire was bad so I tried a new headset and same problem. If I wiggle my wire around a bit the sound goes in and out. Same problem with my cassette converter for my car stereo. I guess the hardware port in my phone needs replaced.

My question is there any hardware solution that will receive bluetooth from my phone then take an aux wire output? I don't have a bluetooth radio and I don't feel it is worth it replacing since my stock radio is Bose cd and tape player combo. :)

Thanks for the read.

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
I am afraid they will give me problems since it is rooted. I don't know will they even look at the phone or try to test it to make sure it is broken?

b_salgado

Reaction score
I am afraid they will give me problems since it is rooted. I don't know will they even look at the phone or try to test it to make sure it is broken?
So return it to stock and get a new one.

HamDog

Reaction score
There are lots of bluetooth adapters that will do what you're looking for. I'm using an Alpine EX-10, but it's probably more than what you're looking for. I even made a [video=youtube;UjfrxJrtgj4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjfrxJrtgj4"]Youtube Video on mine[/video]. The benefit of this unit is that you never need to even remove the phone from it's holster. You can control it by the wireless remote that comes with the Alpine.

For simpler solutions, check these out:

The Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway

Schoche Bluetooth Adapter

There are lots more out there. Just do a search for bluetooth car kits on Google.