Steel Rom data over the verizon net work

phemesath

Reaction score
I have a D3 with steel rom and am having some issues as of late.

I have been rooted for a coulpe weeks. In the last two days the following has stopped working.
Voice to text in text messageing
Key board Does not come up
Not apps that use the verizon are working now...
Is anyone else had these issue as of late...
Wifi works fine.
I put on chevys add ons the other day. Does anyone know how to undo those?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Wipe caches and reflash the steeldroid ROM should fix it.

LLR0717

nu2droid

Reaction score
Reboot into your recovery. You should see the option right there.

OP
P

phemesath

Reaction score
I booted in recovery with bootstrap " cleared cache partition" was then re flashed steel rom and I still have the same problem. Was that the right cache option?

nu2droid

Reaction score
I am not running bootstrap so I am not exactly sure of the menu options. But if when in doubt, wipe everything. My first flash with sd3 I got lazy and didn't wipe everything. I regreted it. I went back and wiped everything (cache, data etc) and been good since.

OP
P

phemesath

Reaction score
I was able to retrace my steps and get everything to work, but I still get is no data connection. I have service can make calls and send texts but no apps that require data will work. The error I get is : "no netework"

nu2droid

Reaction score
Try dialing *228 and choose option 1 (that one will activate your phone) on done, do it again and choose option 2 ( that will update your roaming). Once done, reboot and try again.

Hope it helps.

OP
P

phemesath

Reaction score
Loaded a back up/

I was able unable to get anything to work .. cleared cache, rest ect. I still had " no network connection " for data.
I used ROM manager to load a back up this back up was without any ROMS loaded just rooted. All went fine. I Reflashed steel rom, did the stock email fix. Everthing works but still can;t purchase apps from the market... but Steel ROM had this probelm from the get go.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I was able unable to get anything to work .. cleared cache, rest ect. I still had " no network connection " for data.
I used ROM manager to load a back up this back up was without any ROMS loaded just rooted. All went fine. I Reflashed steel rom, did the stock email fix. Everthing works but still can;t purchase apps from the market... but Steel ROM had this probelm from the get go.

Its a market issue, try either updating or downgrading the market version.