Status message stuck...

ChefMan

Reaction score
So every time i open Titanium Backup (free version) the super user status message on the bottom of my screen will not go away (see image bellow), even killing the app does not make it go away. I can not for the life of me find this issue on the net. Someone just has to know how to make this go away, without having to reboot my phone every time.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would try uninstalling the app and then re-install it. If that doesnt fix the issue i would email the dev. I hear he is very helpful but I have never dealt with him personally.

OP
ChefMan

ChefMan

Reaction score
Ya hoping that will help... I need to really start over with my sky raider ROM. I flashed a ROM last night that was going to change the sense bar, it didnt work, and when i flashed my Nandroid backup everything just went crazy. Time to factory reset and start over.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make sure you are wiping the data and cache every time you flash something. It cannot be overstated. Wipe twice in fact. For good measure.

Last edited:

ConradCole

Reaction score
Solution 1

Just in case someone else has this problem—it happened to me after I decided to try encrypting my backups. I stored them, including the data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup file at my external sdcard. By default, Titanium will search only /mnt/sdcard or internal storage when installed from Google Play. I could not simply migrate Titanium Data to internal storage with Root Explorer or command line because of encryption.

Solution:
  1. Deny Titanium su Permissions
    If you've already granted it permanent su permissions then open su app and deny. This will disallow Titanium from searching for application data.
  2. Set Titanium to search external storage for backups
    Hit your menu button or softkey. Under "General" options, click "Preferences", scroll down to "Backup Settings" and click "Backup folder location". Click "DETECT!" at the top of the menu, then search "Whole device". This will search your external storage as well as internal for Titanium Backups. When it's finished, select the location your backups exist at.
  3. Grant Titanium su Permissions
    Open SuperUser app and set Titanium Backup su to "Grant".

Restart Titanium and it should find the application data it is searching for.