status bar text message notification error

Phineas

Reaction score
For no apparent reason, I am continually receiving a "text message not sent" notification on my status bar. When I "clear" my notifications, it removes it until the next time I go to text messages and it pops up again. I have deleted all of my messages, powered down and removed the battery to try to stop receiving the notification, but it constantly pops up. I have not experienced any problems sending or receiving text messages.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance.

OP
P

Phineas

Reaction score
And when I click on "tap to view message", a blank screen pops up stating "'message not available"

tebower

Reaction score
I have found that when I get that particular message, it is when I am in an area of low signal strength. Oddly enough, every time I have gotten that warning, my actual message went through to the other party just fine. As a result, I often send duplicate messages, when the original message did make it. Is your signal strength strong? I would guess your phone is looking for a confirmation from the network of receipt, but is not getting it, thus the warning. Otherwise, call Verizon and see what they say could be the cause. If you come up with something, pass it on.

ScarletSunshine

Reaction score
Yea every once in a while it tells me the signal was lost so perhaps the signal strength is low. Though usually it only happens when I'm turning the phone on or off so I just assumed it was because that part of the phone wasn't powered at the moment.

I'm currently inside so its probably something with the service, but how do I tell? I don't see any kind of bars like on other phones. <-- wait no never mind I see the bars now and currently there are 4 of them so I don't think that constitutes bad service...

EDIT: Oh and yes my messages seem to go through, I've gotten a response to all of them and none of them have any kind of warning symbol indicating a problem. Also I deleted all my message threads at some point, but the warning still came up =[

Last edited:
OP
P

Phineas

Reaction score
I did a "factory reset data" and the problem is gone. Incidentally, after the factory reset data, the update immediately became available for me to download, whereas it was not available to me prior to the reset and riddance of status bar error.

OP
P

Phineas

Reaction score
Damn...

The problem has returned and it appears that nothing short of a factory reset settings will re-rectify the issue.

This is a bona fide bug that needs to be addressed and fixed.

It happened this time when I received an incoming message requesting a receipt confirmation. Since that occurred, I can not rid my status bar of "text message not sent". I have read other threads describing this annoying problem.

Weak...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Download Handcent....it allows you to delete those messages...I know its not an actual fix but its a great workaround. I like handcent better then stock

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

rolopez2011

Reaction score
Do you have a droid 2 global? handcent is a sms app that's an alternative to the stock messaging app. A lot better in my opinion

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MarkPhlipy

Reaction score
Text Message Not Sent

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...suggestions/145377-text-message-not-sent.html

Okay this brings it to about 10 people and seven threads I've found on this subject alone, and so far, other than "Download Handcent" or "factory reset" I've seen no fix, and nothing from the Forum moderators.

Anyone else have any luck?

Received an MMS message with a photo, after it downloaded and I clicked the message a pop-up came up "A read receipt will be sent, Yes/No" I clicked Yes thinking I had to in order to view the message. Suddenly now that "text message not sent" notification keeps popping up.

I've deleted the original message/photo, rebooted the phone (soft reboot, on and off) twice, even cleared the messaging and text messaging caches in the Applications settings, no luck.

Got a non-rooted D2G with stock app.

Mark P.

biknut1

Reaction score
Error message

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...suggestions/145377-text-message-not-sent.html

Okay this brings it to about 10 people and seven threads I've found on this subject alone, and so far, other than "Download Handcent" or "factory reset" I've seen no fix, and nothing from the Forum moderators.

Got a non-rooted D2G with stock app.

Mark P.

If my phone were doing this I would have to try Handscent or some other option just to see if that made a difference. Whether it did or didn't, I would probably be making a trip back to the VZ store.