status bar: changing colors?

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
I have not run that one, i am running KaosFroyo V37, and you can change the status bar colors in CyanogenSettings, but asfor the rom your running, i do not know, alot of roms you can not change the colors, at least i have not found anyway to change them except in KaosFroyo.

OP
J

johnny quest

Reaction score
I have not run that one, i am running KaosFroyo V37, and you can change the status bar colors in CyanogenSettings, but asfor the rom your running, i do not know, alot of roms you can not change the colors, at least i have not found anyway to change them except in KaosFroyo.

ok thanks. I guess I'll just leave it the same way that it is. I wanted to match my dock because its white but I'll live with it. thanks again.

another question for you; how do you think of that Darkedge UI?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
@HomidialSpoon - I also am running KaosFroyo v37 and am intersted in changing the status bar color to black to match how everything else looks. I was able to change th pull down notification as well as time color...working on figuring out how to make the whole drop down black with the font being white and the date being white as well. I am JUST learning how to do things and am pretty new at it...any advice?

evltwn72

Reaction score
@HomidialSpoon - I also am running KaosFroyo v37 and am intersted in changing the status bar color to black to match how everything else looks. I was able to change th pull down notification as well as time color...working on figuring out how to make the whole drop down black with the font being white and the date being white as well. I am JUST learning how to do things and am pretty new at it...any advice?

Download ROM Manager. In it is ShadowROM, and that's what I'm running on both my Eris and my Droid. There is a settings page that lets you change the color of the notification bar really easily. Very nice rom. A little slow at 1st, but phone gets working very quickly.

HomidialSpoon

Reaction score
@RyansGirl101302 It is in the Settings>CyanogenModSettings>Notifications Colors, you then want to check the Custom Notification Bar option, and that will allow you to select the setting underneath that, and that is where you change the notification bar color. The pulldown bar color is right below the Notification bar color settings, its just the same thing, check it and then select the color you want. As for the text, there are some settings at the top of the list called: Notification ticker color, notification count color, no notification color, clear notification title color, clear notification label color, ongoing notification title color, and latest notification title color, you want to make all of those settings white, except for "clear notification label color" that will leave the "Clear" button background white and make the "Clear" text itself black.

Edit: If you did not know, version 38 of KaosFroyo was released today, i would upgrade if you can, it incorporates a few very nive features and fixes a couple of issues that 37 had.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
How would I download and apply the new one? Would it wipe my system again?

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Also how do I remove the team andirc logo thing?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Just downloaded version 38 and love it! Just when you pull down the notification bar it's black which is great but so is the font so I can't read it.any advice?

OP
J

johnny quest

Reaction score

Download ROM Manager. In it is ShadowROM, and that's what I'm running on both my Eris and my Droid. There is a settings page that lets you change the color of the notification bar really easily. Very nice rom. A little slow at 1st, but phone gets working very quickly.

I'm having trouble downloading this rom to my Eris. I bought Rom manager and thinking of refunding, but when the rom finishes the download I reboot it and then it gets stuck on the 3 droids on skateboards, it keeps rebooting on that same page.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I figured it out. ALL is well. Thanks for the help.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm having trouble downloading this rom to my Eris. I bought Rom manager and thinking of refunding, but when the rom finishes the download I reboot it and then it gets stuck on the 3 droids on skateboards, it keeps rebooting on that same page.
ROM manager is buggy. I havent had any problems just using the Amon_Ra recovery. Give that a shot.