Status bar ads

lgalcarte

Reaction score
I've had the original Droid the day it came out for 2 years until I got the Bionic. I've rooted both and tried different ROMS. I've downloaded and tried tons if apps and I try to keep up with issues in the forum. I'm no expert but I've been around the block a few times

That said, yesterday I received for the first time ever an ad notification in my status bar. It was a little star and when I pulled the status bar down, it took me to some website. I didn't think too much about it until I received 2 more today. Today, they were green plus signs in the status bar. I uninstalled any app I had installed the last few days and no difference

Anyone know where these are coming from or how to stop them?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lykofos

Reaction score

tbell6

Reaction score
Thanks got post.

TvVoice

Reaction score
Go to the Android Market and download and install Addons Detector. This free app does not require root and will scan your system and give you a listing of all apps on your phone that use "push notifications" (i.e. Airpush, Leadbolt and many others) to send you advertising. You can then uninstall those offending apps. I am now notification bar ad free!

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get those, from my Bocce HD game. I put up with them, because I like my Bocce HD game. It's a tradeoff, I get to play Bocce for free, and I use the clear button to get rid of any ads in my notification bar.

ambrown

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like AirPush to me as well. I actually started getting the notifications with that damn little star. Luckily you dint have to delete the offending app that probably asked you to "enable" the push notifications, you just have to delete AirPush itself.

You can search for an airpush detector in the market. I recommend this one: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector , it works and it even takes you directly to where you can uninstall it.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I started getting these too. Ran Addons Detector. Narrowed it down to a GalaxyS Theme for GoLauncher.

This One

In fact after deleting it I went back and read some reviews. Plain as day what the culprit was.

TvVoice

Reaction score
Although using Airpush Detector will identify apps on your phone that use push notification, this program will not get rid of the air push notification itself. You can only uninstall the app that uses push notification in order to stop receiving such advertising.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums