State Your Droid PRO'S & CON'S

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
I hope battery technology catches up to Droids work load. the other part to this CON is a PRO, which is the battery can be switch with a full charged battery, iPhone can't.

Goggle search by voice command is awesome.

I would of like verizon's GPS technology instead of goggles

Cut and paste text, about time this was available.

This thread is young, i'm sure as time goes on with usage people like and dislike certain things.

searayman

Reaction score
I hope battery technology catches up to Droids work load. the other part to this CON is a PRO, which is the battery can be switch with a full charged battery, iPhone can't.

This thread is young, i'm sure as time goes on with usage people like and dislike certain things.

cut and paste is already in the droid do a long hold on the screen

OP
ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score

cut and paste is already in the droid do a long hold on the screen

I know... that's why i said it was about time its available, maybe i should of said... its about time it became available.

BryAnDROID

Reaction score
PROS: Fast, Bright screen, Google GPS, Customizable, Loud speakers (real head turner when i get a message and u hear "DROID" i love that!), good Apps (I know apple has more, but droid has everything I need and then some), Great Touchscreen keyboard (although i've been using the Hardware keys, and they arent so bad either), Web pages with video players are supported. Flash 10 support in 2010.

CONS: Camera, the constant need to Kill Apps, no PUSH support for POP3/IMAP, phone sometimes acts wonky when trying to sync a contact from facebook, media player isnt that great, only 3 home screens

Overall though, I love this phone. The issues that I have with it can hopefully be ironed out via software updates. The phone has crashed on me one time [android.process=acore failed?], and my wife's droid randomly turned off by itself last night (we are bringing it back to vzw later today) Other then that, as previously stated, I am a believer that the Droid is a wonderful phone with many potentials to be a great one, in due time we shall see. :greendroid:

Droidforums

Reaction score
Cons: Music player seems to not support AVRCP which I NEED!
PROS: Battery life! I get awsome battery life.

denlem

Reaction score
The cons for me are:

Keyboard - My right thumb naturally wants to settle in around the "L", so typing is a stretch. Space bar is hard to hit. I find holding the device with my right hand and just single finger typing with my left is much easier for me.

Camera - Slow to get a picture. Quality is not bad, but for a 5 meg camera, they are awfuly grainy.

Auto Dimming - Too sensitive and always going in and out.

Vibrate - Could be stronger

Screen - Sometimes too sensitive. I find myself barely touching a button and end up on a screen I don't want to be on.

Screen - Sometimes not sensitive enough. It can take several touches to get it to do what I want.

Battery Life - I can kill it in about 6 hours of playing and in about 12 hours of just letting it sit doing nothing

Pros:

Loud Speaker - When it rings, you know it

Wi-Fi - No data reception out here. WiFi helps let me use it!

Screen Res - Nice. Sometimes too sensitive, sometimes not sensitive enough.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Pros:
1. Overall "fluidity" of the OS (Coming from a Storm)
2. Google voice search is incredible.
3. Touch screen is amazing. (Again, coming from a Storm)
4. Speed
5. Browser
6. Contrary to popular opinion, I think that It's a great looking phone.

Cons:
1. Camera (for obvious reasons)
2. Keyboard is just ok.

dajakal

Reaction score
I hate to gripe about a new (and expensive!) phone, but I can see myself becoming royally frustrated in the future about the fact there are no Call/End buttons on the device, it's all on the touch screen.
But, a pro: it beats the pants off my old phone - a 3 year old RAZR!

Steve

Reaction score
Pro's: battery lasts for a longer period vs the imagio I returned to get the moto droid, also the battery recharge is very fast (last night it went from 15%-90% in about 40 minutes

Cons: keyboard is a tight for space especially along the top row of keys.
No speeddial especially for voicemail access.
No manual included, had to find on internet to download to PC
Not having a cool weather app like htc has on their phones (hopefully there will be a hack for that!)
Other than that it is a cool phone so far.:D

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hate to gripe about a new (and expensive!) phone, but I can see myself becoming royally frustrated in the future about the fact there are no Call/End buttons on the device, it's all on the touch screen.

Isn't that sort of like complaining that the call/end buttons on a non touchscreen are on the device itself and not on the screen?

OP
ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
I didn't want anyone to complain about Droid, its only been out for 3 days, but a phone like this just has Pro's and Con's, what they are might depend on individual needs.

dajakal

Reaction score
Don't understand this comment.
All the other Android phones (and every cell phone/blackberry I've ever seen) have dedicated call and end buttons. I don't think I'm the only one that will miss them here.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly I can only think of 3 cons which are all minor:

One is the keyboards backlight. It looks great when its on but it times out so fast and I couldn't find an option to make it longer! This seems like it could be worked around somehow.

The second is the camera of course. Unlike many others I don't hate it or think its a piece of crap, but it does need a little tweaking with focus and speed.

The third is the icon grid on the homescreens. It is 4x4... I know they could have fit more than that. However I do know WHY they did it this way. When you go from portrait to landscape, the icons all rotate so the grid needs to be a square. Otherwise, if it were 6x4 or something, when it rotated it would have to try and cram 6 icons into the short side of the screen. So yeah this is a minor con because its very understandable and doesn't cause me any trouble, it would just be nice to fit more on the screen.

Honestly everything else about this phone I love! The screen is amazing, the sound quality for music is great, if I get tired of the stock mp3 player app, there are a few others that offer different features. The keyboard on/off screen is great in my opinion and I can even download a different onscreen keyboard if I want. The onscreen call/end buttons don't bother me. Look at the iPhone, it has ONE button haha. As far as looks I think it screams "I am a badass phone and I'll beat your phones ass" (pardon mah french). The phone is fast, battery is great, especially if I plug it in when its just sitting on my desk or in the car, it will NEVER die on me. The selection of apps is great and will just grow bigger.

So yeah I love this phone.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't understand this comment.
All the other Android phones (and every cell phone/blackberry I've ever seen) have dedicated call and end buttons. I don't think I'm the only one that will miss them here.
iphone_home.gif

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score

Just curious, why does that bother you so much? It's a non-issue for me.