Startup applications

abcdylan

Reaction score
North Bay, California- Soon to be Queens NY
I have Advanced Task Killer, but am wondering if I can keep applications from starting when I turn on my phone, until I open them. As well as permanently turning them off after their use.

I keep having a ton of stuff opening up, even when I just turn off the screen, then unlock it to get on again. I switched to Launcher Pro because it's sooo much cleaner, and I'm wondering why 'Social Networking' is still running in the background, when I've never used it.

Music is always open it seems, so it Tikl, City ID, Google Search, Pandora, Skype (which I never use), Files, and voice commands.

Some of these I can understand, but the fair majority are pointless and eating my battery. I'm a control freak with my electronics as you can clearly see, and very meticulous on my computer about start up programs so this is driving me crazy! Ahhh!

Any app, tweak or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
also some apps might have a setting some where to not run process when android boots. but im not to sure. most of the apps listed need to be running because they check for updates.

OP
A

abcdylan

Reaction score
North Bay, California- Soon to be Queens NY
Thanks, I'm checkin out the link. I guess it was directed more so towards Skype and Pandora when they are not in use. Skype it seems has no way to turn off. Is it bad to permanently delete it? I'm just unsure since it came with the phone, and thought it might have a direct connection to the operating system somehow through Motorola Blur.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Thanks, I'm checkin out the link. I guess it was directed more so towards Skype and Pandora when they are not in use. Skype it seems has no way to turn off. Is it bad to permanently delete it? I'm just unsure since it came with the phone, and thought it might have a direct connection to the operating system somehow through Motorola Blur.

yeah go ahead and get rid of swype if you dont use it. dancedroid

harrellj

Reaction score
Alternatively, if you're rooted, there's an app called autostarts that works like msconfig in windows, shows you what apps are set to launch when and allow disabling of them if necessary.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

harrellj

Reaction score
Umm... the X hasn't even been available for 7 months.. more like 2. And it was rooted in less than a week.. the bootloader is still locked though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk