Staff Checkup: Feedback / Recommendations / Suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have done this before, but it has been a few months (and a few thousand members) ago...

I just wanted to give everyone the opportunity to tell the staff (Admins, Super Mods, Mods and Rescue Squad) how we are doing with our jobs here. Leave the News Team alone, they didn't do anything to deserve this. ;)

We would rather you not single anyone out publicly (though we would love to know in a PM if you have had specific issues with a certain staff member) for doing something wrong, but if you want to make a generalized observation about the staff, this would be a good opportunity. Please don't be afraid to step on anyone's toes. We need the feedback in order to do our jobs properly, and we decided the best way to do that would be to ask all of you for an honest opinion. ok, in truth, I decided that it would be a good idea.. I might get some flack for this little stunt. ;)

Do you think we are doing well as a Moderating staff?
If not, how can we improve?
Can you give any suggestions or ideas to help us do our jobs more thoroughly or fairly?
Do you think we are overstaffed/understaffed?
Any suggestions for organization?
Are we approachable enough?
Anything else?

Whatever you can think of will help us. I'll close this down after a while to give us time to work on the topics/issues that are brought up, then likely reopen the thread in a few months as another checkup.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your feedback!

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm sure I speak for the other Squad members on this but feel free to offer any suggestions for us as well. We talk often on things we can do to improve the Squads service and welcome any suggestions from the members.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, well.. All is fair I guess. ;) Fire away!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I speak for the other Squad members on this but feel free to offer any suggestions for us as well. We talk often on things we can do to improve the Squads service and welcome any suggestions from the members.

There goes J speaking for the rest of the group again... Geez...

He's right though! Feedback is feedback, and we want some too!

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
updated the OP with Rescue Squad included

OSX2000

Reaction score
I am truly amazed by the job you moderators do here. This is by far the busiest forum I've ever been a part of, and you guys do a remarkable job of keeping it clean and appropriate.

I have only one suggestion for the forum, but I don't know if its even possible...

Can the forum automatically find and delete the string, "Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk" from posts? It's pretty obnoxious to see that in every couple of posts in a thread. Nobody cares who's using what to browse the forum; the app's developer is just trying too hard to popularize his app.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am truly amazed by the job you moderators do here. This is by far the busiest forum I've ever been a part of, and you guys do a remarkable job of keeping it clean and appropriate.

I have only one suggestion for the forum, but I don't know if its even possible...

Can the forum automatically find and delete the string, "Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk" from posts? It's pretty obnoxious to see that in every couple of posts in a thread. Nobody cares who's using what to browse the forum, it just means the app's developer is trying too hard to popularize his app.

When you use the app, you can delete that string before you make the post, but it's there the very next time you reply to something, so it gets old quick deleting it.

jy2042

Reaction score
Though I generally don't participate much on this forum, it has been a tremendous resource for all things Droid. This forum is basically where I get most of my information, and I think that's possible because of the effort demonstrated by the entire staff here. You guys keep the site clean and do your best to keep the information relevant. So for me, it has never been a problem searching this site for an answer to a question or problem. You guys also keep this forum civilized, and I know a big part of that is due to this community as a whole, but the staff also does a very good job at moderating by allowing constructive criticisms and opinions yet knowing where to draw the line and prevent, for a lack of a better word, drama. Overall, 5 stars. Keep up the great work!

nerdbox08

Reaction score
This forum has been a godsend for many people who need help. It really has.

I've been here for a long time now and I enjoy my time here, mostly. Generally speaking it does get old to see the same posts repeatedly, but eventually you just come to realize it's part of being on such a massive forum board.

When it comes to the mods, I think they do a fairly good job at keeping this place mostly contained. If I had one gripe, it would be that sometimes a mod will come through and shut down a thread, only to have another mod start one of the same nature up shortly afterwards.

I know it doesn't happen often and I realize it's usually a topic that is going to get out of control, but it does irk me a bit.

I do like this whole merging of threads that I've seen you guys doing lately, that makes it nice and you can keep most of the threads in tact and put them together. That makes me happy :)

Other than that, I think the mods do a pretty good job!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I am truly amazed by the job you moderators do here. This is by far the busiest forum I've ever been a part of, and you guys do a remarkable job of ke

When you use the app, you can delete that string before you make the post, but it's there the very next time you reply to something, so it gets old quick deleting it.

Actually you can go into settings and remove it, have a custom one or say sent from my Droid. I think we are just too lazy to change it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am truly amazed by the job you moderators do here. This is by far the busiest forum I've ever been a part of, and you guys do a remarkable job of ke

Actually you can go into settings and remove it, have a custom one or say sent from my Droid. I think we are just too lazy to change it.

Well you learn something new every day!

Still can't sleep... Guess I'll just stay up!

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I view as many Droid forums as I know exist but I always save the best for last due to the vast amount of reading that needs to be done on DF to get the info you are looking for.
While DF has ALL the info some threads do get a bit out of hand with different members posting the same questions over and over every ten posts.
The Mods do an excellent job of keeping the threads on topic most of the time (I know this is not an easy job) but the redundant questions need to be discouraged and possibly just deleted IMO... once this starts getting done more users would probably either start using search or reading the entire thread to get the info they are looking for. As it is now I DO read the entire thread (new posts) several times a day just to stay caught up with posts and any important info that may have been posted overnight or while I'm working.

One nice thing that I have seen lately is the OP being updated with the latest info so I know I can go to the OP on a topic and see if any changes or updates were done.

Last edited:
OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone (and the compliments!).. Keep those suggestions coming!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you guys are absolutely horrible i want to pull my eyes out with a spoon........ j/k

but in all seriousness you guys are doing a wonderful job don't change anything. I've owned/ran over 10 different forums ranging from 500-30,000 members so i know how hard it is not only to keep order from your members but to also have good/trustworthy people to be mods/supermods/asst-admins and you guys are keeping order without being overbearing or a power trip.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I view as many Droid forums as I know exist but I always save the best for last due to the vast amount of reading that needs to be done on DF to get the info you are looking for.
While DF has ALL the info some threads do get a bit out of hand with different members posting the same questions over and over every ten posts.
The Mods do an excellent job of keeping the threads on topic most of the time (I know this is not an easy job) but the redundant questions need to be discouraged and possibly just deleted IMO... once this starts getting done more users would probably either start using search or reading the entire thread to get the info they are looking for. As it is now I DO read the entire thread (new posts) several times a day just to stay caught up with posts and any important info that may have been posted overnight or while I'm working.

One nice thing that I have seen lately is the OP being updated with the latest info so I know I can go to the OP on a topic and see if any changes or updates were done.

I'd like to respond to this post. I agree with you, as you may have seen I made a thread of a list of posts I'd never like to see again. I want to pull my hair out every time I see a battery post. But I think some things you have to live with. The reality of this is that new people and some old ones post up without searching. However when you tell somebody that their first response is I did search. It makes it difficult to shut down those threads when the purpose of the Forum is to help each other.

We'll definitely take this and see if there is a better way to handle these posts. I'd sure like to see one. I do have an idea I'll present to the rest of the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.